my drug • lamarcus aldridge

dear lamarcus,

i thought you were supposed to love me, not her.

i went to the mall today with maria. we were going down the escalator, and then i saw you. you were waiting outside starbucks, leaning against the wall on your phone. the smile on my face grew, and as i was about to run down to you, you looked behind you. and there she was.

you took her into your arms, gave her a kiss on the lips, and took her hand into yours. you both walked off, and then my vision became blurry with tears.

all i could see was pain. but on your face, all i could see was happiness.

i should be mad. i should be wanting to be as far away from you as possible. i should be hoping to never see you again. i should hate you.

but i'm don't. and i hate myself for that.

i love you and have poured out my heart and soul to you, and you just took it and threw it all away the moment you saw her.

but i can't stay away. i want to be close to you, in your arms, not matter how much you have hurt me.

i want to be mad at you. i want to leave you, after all the pain you've caused me.

you don't deserve me.

but yet, i can't bring myself to stay away from you.

you're like my drug. i can't get enough, no matter how bad you are for me.

i have to be stronger than this. you don't want to be with me. you want to be with her, and i have to accept that.

but i love you.

i'm not supposed to.

i can't help myself.

from,

rose

--------------

aw i love me some lamarcus