never yours • tobias harris

dear georgia,

yesterday i found out some really huge news. you're engaged.

trust me, i'm happy for you. why wouldn't i be? you're my best friend. whenever i'm with you, you can't stop talking about him. i can tell just by the gleam in your eyes whenever he's mentioned that he makes you the happiest.

but it kills me. knowing that your smile was never this big when i was around destroys my heart. ever since the day when we were 5 and became best friends, i knew i loved you. but now, i still do, but you're loving someone else.

everyone knew about my feelings for you and encouraged me to tell you, but i couldn't do it. i didn't want to risk our friendship, and i didn't want to risk getting rejected and making things awkward. i couldn't do it, knowing that i could lose the person i loved the most in the blink of an eye just because my stupid feelings got in the way.

but then you started dating brady, and i knew i couldn't interfere with that. he made you so happy, and your happiness will always come first.

you have agreed to spend the rest of your life with him. and i'm here, struggling to cope with the fact that i was too late.

i don't know what to do now, because i know for a fact that i'll never stop loving you. you're too important to me, that i can't just let go of how i've felt about you for the past 22 years. those feelings won't just simply go away, despite you not returning the slightest bit of them.

am i supposed to stop talking to you? am i supposed to distance myself, in hopes of letting you go?

tell me, please.

how do you get over someone who was never yours?

from,

tobias

--------------

i'm gonna miss tobi and bobi so much :(((