break your heart • damian lillard

dear damian,

i know that everything has been going really well between us, and trust me, it's not anything you've done.

i know i'm not the easiest person to get to know, because my walls have always been so high up.

i know that we haven't talked a lot about my past. it's not because i don't trust you or i don't want to tell you, but rather because it's too painful.

i've been hurt and broken so many times, and i remember each time so clearly, because they were all times where every part of me was shattered.

the first heartbreak was when he told me that i wasn't pretty enough for him. that i wasn't worth his love.

the second heartbreak was when he took advantage of me, and only got with me because i was a virgin. but soon enough, he took that away from me too.

the third heartbreak was when he pretended to like me all for a bet. in the end, he embarrassed me in front of the whole school. his prize? 50 dollars and a heartbroken girl.

the fourth heartbreak was when he cheated on me. he didn't even try to fight for our relationship, but decided he was better off with the other girl.

i know you're probably thinking - if i've been hurt time after time, why do i let myself love again? because i'm so fucking stupid. every time i let myself believe that the next one is different. that i'm finally going to find my soulmate. but i keep falling into the traps, and it's like my heart keeps getting stabbed over and over again. but who do you blame when you've broken your own heart?

i'm not saying you're like those other guys, and i hope you're not. but we're getting to the stage where i find myself falling deeper and deeper for you every single day, and that scares me. this has always been the part where i let somebody in, only for them to break me down.

i can't do this. i'm too scared and vulnerable. i don't want to be broken again. i don't want to have to go through all that shit all over again.

i really wanted you to be the one, and you could have been. this is all my fault, and i'm so sorry.

i'm going to break your heart so you don't break mine.

love,

amber

--------------

< based on the song TAKEAWAY by the chainsmokers, illenium and lennon stella > (SUCH A GOOD SONG GO LISTEN)

hello i'm alive

i'm going to be on holiday for the next two weeks, so y'all won't get any updates until i come back, sorry !!

tbh whenever i look at dame all i see is his game winner on okc OOPS