waiting • hassan whiteside

dear hassan,

i hope you know i'm waiting.

waiting for you to wake up, waiting for you to take me into your arms, and waiting for you to tell me you love me.

every single day i tell you how it's been, and what's happening in my life. that way, you're there to witness it all. but i wish you could talk back to me. i wish that you could tell me how proud you are of me, because your judgement, to me, is what means the most.

i wish you could get up and live your life. you have so much, so fucking much to offer to this world, but your car just had to crash. you just had to fall into a coma, where the doctor tells me he doesn't know when you'll wake up. he doesn't know if you'll ever wake up.

you need to stay strong, hassan. you need to fight. this is your life we're talking about; please don't let it go to waste. you are such an incredible basketball player, an amazing boyfriend and just a phenomenal person in general.

i pray for you everyday, because i want to see you live your life to the fullest. i want you to reach your full potential, become the best basketball player you can be and dominate the court. i want you to be able to see things you've always wanted to see, and do things you've always wanted to do.

i want you to be able to be next to me when i wake up every morning, and for it not to be in a hospital room. i want you to be with me every step of the way for the rest of my life.

i love you, hassan. i know you can pull through. you're the strongest person i know - you've got this, baby.

i hope you know i'm still waiting.

love,

stephanie

--------------

my boy hassan heading to the blazers :((