CHAPTER 18

LUCAS'S POV

I had shit loads of work to do tonight. Even as much as I would love to be in that party downstairs but I had to cover up this contract else I would lose it. And I don't plan to lose it any time soon.

The shipping contract has been on my mind for weeks and as soon as I got the chance on it, I had to grab it.

I tried to take my mind off things that happened to pull my mind off work right now. The fucking Alpha's mission to make her his girl was so freaking absurd. How could he even look at himself everyday in the mirror and be pleased with what he has in mind to do?

And to think that they all want to help him! Ha! After they ruined it the last time!

I'm the one who had to fix their messes. I did that not because I wanted to cover up for them, since I never even agreed to it in the first place. But I did it for her.

Her.
The one with the most beautiful smile. The one with a thrilling laughter that get me so excited to hear. The one with a tiny voice that makes me laugh when she speaks.
The one with....

Fuck it!

I threw aside the pencil I had and pushed away the papers, burying my head in my palms and letting out a loud sigh.

This is crazy. I shouldn't be thinking so much about her. I might love to judge Alpha but I'm worst than him. She won't even look me in the eyes if she finds out the nasty ass things that I've done.

Or rather, the nasty ass things that we have done.

I stood up to pour myself a glass of whiskey because that's what I need at their moment. I walk out to the balcony of my mini living room and watch the party take off downstairs. I love a quiet place but this party wasn't even my plan.

It was one of the rules of the group.

The fucking rule that makes me want to kill myself. The fucking rule that has me running with regret.

There she was. In his arms. Laughing at something he was saying and kissing him! Why wouldn't she? I always forget to give him a medal for pulling that off easily.

Among us all, Alpha's the one who can sit back and make a girl drool over him without raising a finger.

She looked carefree with him. And laughing like a child. It made me want to laugh to.
God, I love seeing her laugh. And I'm glad that she's having the best time of her life tonight. That's what she deserves. To be happy.

I sighed and run my hands through my hair at that thought. She deserves to be happy. Not being in the middle of sick and demented people like us. Like me.
What would I gain for falling for her?

Right. A heartbreak. I guess I deserve that for being an ass in the past. For being part of a bunch of asses. And what will she gain by being with me?

Nothing.

She looked up and I almost pull back but she'd seen me and there's no going back. So I held our gazes. Swimming in the ocean of her beautiful eyes and how innocently she looked at me.

Damn, I should be there with her right now. I promised her a chat and that's why she's here.

I curse at myself and walk back into the living room, place the glass back on the mini bar and walk out of the room to get dressed for the party downstairs.

It's just a simple party so I put on another shirt and a red short. On my way out I stop on my tracks when I saw her standing at a door and staring like she had seen a ghost.