CHAPTER 31

Hey, guys. First of all, I want to dedicate this chapter to JosefinaFAAD for the beautiful cover. Its actually my first time getting a cover that isn't made by me, so I'm ecstatic!💃💃💃.
So, how was your week? Happy weekend.

Kendrick's POV

Why am I holding onto this shit like its a life support?

I asked myself.

Right. I don't know!

I sighed and tried to calm down a bit. But it seemed really impossible. How possible will it seem when I just pulled into AJ's school with the high hopes of meeting with Lala today.

Last night was very misunderstanding and I knew she thought Winnie was my sex partner.

Hell, I even saw her with my replacement. Damn it! It didn't take her long enough to find my replacement.

Okay, I know what y'all are thinking. I'm no fucking hypocrite. Winnie arrived at my house today and made me promise to take her out to the club. She was going through shit and I decided to help her.

I was going through shit too though so, that's a win-win.

But I saw her. With him. Hell, I don't even give two fucks who the dude is, but I sure as hell will bash his nose against something the next time I see him with my girl.

I sighed when I remembered that I broke it off with her. Honestly, I'm too proud to admit my mistake, so leave it at that.

"Okay, so I'll see you later?"
AJ cut into my thoughts and I turned to her.

But my eyes didn't meet hers. It fell on Lala again, standing in front of a Land Cruiser, with him.

Did he say his name was Herbert?

AJ noticed my line of vision and I swear I was close to opening the damn door and walking up to them. But she held me back.

"Don't try it, Kendrick." AJ said. I looked at her like I just realised she was still sitting there.

Actually, as soon as I saw Lala with him, I forgot my sense of decency. Yeah, I'm that possessive.

"I'm not doing anything."
I said to my sister. She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Yeah, right. You could barely realize that I am still here."
She glanced back at the duo and Lala was saying something he was smiling at.

I sighed. This is childish.

"Okay, gotta scram. See ya later."
She stepped out of the car, just as Lala was turning around to leave. Our eyes met and I knew she was shocked to see me.

I fought the urge to break the steering wheel as my grasp was so fucking tight, my knuckles were almost white.

I had to leave. And so I did.

The truth is; I don't understand why I have to be jealous. She's the one who made me break up with her. Always being so fucking jealous of every and anything. She keeps suspecting the worst. She always wants to know the reason for my silence.

That was annoying enough. And she's not a fucking virgin but keeps shying away anytime I try to get too close.

It was frustrating for me. For a man who's used to having women on his beck and call, it was really frustrating.

And now, she has a guy. A fucking guy who looks at her like she's a pack of chocolate, he has been salivating over for years now.

That's what it seems. I know that look when I see it.