Platonic Lamp - I'm Sorry.

Warning: Guns, death and suicide.

***

Virgil hurriedly scampered behind Patton around the maze like halls of the warzone. Now unprotected thanks to his gun being taken, Virgil was under Patton's careful watch. They eventually found a good place to hide and Patton finally let his guard down, knowing his son would be safe there. Virgil was finally allowing himself relax for the first time since they had entered the battle field as he settled into the hidden piece of cover.

That's when the gunshot sounded and Virgil was shot in the back.

Blood red seaped though Virgil's protective vest, seemly glowing in Patton's mind as if taunting him for being such a failure of a father. The continuous beeping to signal his son had been hit in the middle of the warzone made Patton go crazy as he cradled the poor fallen soilder in his arms. Tears steamed down Patton's red cheeks as he cuddled Virgil's form to his own.

Roman watched the scene in shock, gun still held harshly in his clenched fist. His grip, though firm, was shaky as he slowly raised the gun to point directly at Patton's shaking back. The fighter hesitated before closing his eyes as his fingers reached to take to hold of the trigger. "I'm sorry." He whispered breathlessly, guilt in his voice. Just like that, Roman pulled the trigger, shooting Patton in the back.

Patton gasped as the light speed bullet hit the back of his protective suit. The beeping to alert him his gear had been penetrated synchronized with Virgil's. His grip on Virgil loosened as he fell forward from the impact. Completely overcome by guilt, Roman helplessly watched his old friend's eyes slip closed. His chest constricted at the sight of Patton and Virgil laying on the floor utterly still.

He glanced down at the gun held shakily in his hand before slowly raising it and turning it around so it was pointed to his chest.

BANG!

Roman fell lifelessly to the ground, gun bouncing as it was let out of his grip. Logan turned the corner, seeing his friends lifeless lying on the floor. All the people he had ever cared for had all fallen within a beep of their vests. But instead of being upset, he sighed, rubbing his eyes. Annoyance practically dripped from his voice as he spoke.

"Jesus Christ you imbeciles, it's just lazer tag."

***

392 words.

Ha! I never do something angsty! I'm a fluff writer (except for actual stories)!

...

*Proceeds to write angsty Remceit chapter*