Logicality - Helpless.

Ohh, I do I do I do I Dooo! Hey! Ohh, I do I do I do I Dooo! Boy, you got me helpless! Look into your eyes, and the sky's the limit! I'm helpless! Down for the count, and I'm drownin' in 'em.

Patton danced around his room, singing to himself as he thought of the dance that had taken place that night, feeling himself get all giddy as he thought about it.

I have never been the type to try and grab the spotlight. We were at a revel with some rebels on a hot night. Laughin' at my sister as she's dazzling the room.

Patton was the never one who was the center of attention and he didn't want to be but it would be nice to have someone to talk to. At the party, everyone was dancing and having the time of their lives while he simply stood in the corner holding his drink as he watched others dazzle the room.

Then you walked in and my heart went "Boom!"

He got caught off guard when he noticed someone come though the door and holy quack, he was gorgeous. He wore a tidy black tux with a blue tie and black taps much like Patton's. He had straight black hair and looked almost professional in his square black glasses. Patton felt his guy heart exploded.

Tryin' to catch your eye from the side of the ballroom, everybody's dancin' and the band's top volume. Grind to the rhythm as we wine and dine. Grab my sister, and whisper

Patton sighed out of exasperation. Finally spotting someone he knew, he practically ran to Roman, his son inlaw, and grabbed him by the arm. Roman turned to him and Patton whispered. "Yo, this one's mine." He pointed at the smartly dressed man across the room. Roman smirked.

(Oooh) My sister made her way across the room to you (Oooh) and I got nervous, thinking "What's she gonna do?" (Oooh) She grabs you by the arm, I'm thinkin' "I'm through" (Oooh)

Roman began to walk across and Patton felt the panic sink in. What was he doing? He taps the man on the shoulder and he turns around and then they begin to talk.

Then you look back at me and suddenly I'm Helpless! Look into your eyes, (Oh, look at those eyes,) and the sky's the limit (Oh!)

Patton felt like he was dying as he watched them talk especially since he didn't know what they they were saying. After a while, Roman pointed to Patton and the man glanced over, the two of the making eye contact. The man's bright green eyes burned into his soul. He felt like his heart was racing as his cheeks heated up drastically, looking down to the ground.

I'm helpless, (I know) Down for the count. And I'm drownin' in 'em. I'm helpless! (I'm so into you, ) Look into your eyes, (I am so.) And the sky's the limit (into you.) I'm helpless! (I know, ) I'm down for the count. And I'm drownin'in 'em.

"Where are you taking me?" Logan questioned as he dragged cross the ballroom by the younger man in front of him. Roman smirked in response. "I'm about to change your life." He insisted, walking faster. Logan knew that the vague comment was as much confirmation as he was going to get and try let himself be dragged, alongside with a sarcastic comment.

"Then by all means, lead the way."

As they got to the other side of the ballroom, Logan noticed a man standing in a corner, looking very selfconscious as he held himself. He had short, curly blonde hair that fell slightly over his freckled face. Round glasses shielded his blue bell eyes from the light as he stared seemly into space. He wore a black tux like most men there with matching black taps.

When he saw them coming towards him, he straightened up and smiled. "Patton Sanders. It's a pleasure to meet you." Logan paused, holding back his own introduction. Logan raised an eyebrow as he asked a question to no one in particular. "Sanders?" Roman quickly cleared up the confusion, knowing he had introduced himself with the same last name. "My dad in law."

"Thank you for all your service." Patton offered out a hand for a handshake which Logan took. When they had shook hands twice, Logan brought Patton's hand up to lips, kissing it so softly that Patton could barely feel it. He looked back up with the charming smile he still didn't realize he had. "If it takes fighting a war for us to meet, it will have been worth it." Patton felt his cheeks practically explode in heat.

Roman chuckled, deciding to leave them to talk. "I'll leave you to it!"

One week later, I'm writin' a letter nightly. Now my life gets better every letter that you write me.

Patton quietly scribbled on a piece of paper, boredom sinking in. There was knock on the door and he sighed, not wanting to deal with anymore noble women wanting to marry him, his heart already being set on the intelligent he met at the party. Still he,
reluctantly, invited them inside. "Come in!" Instead one of the butlers who worked him. He unconsciously sighed in relief.

Remy held up a letter. "Got another letter for you." Patton practically lit up, running over Remy ripping it from his hands. He opened. Reading the sweet words displaying affection in Logan's writting made Patton giddy.

Laughin' at my sister, cuz she wants to form a harem.

"I'm just sayin', if you really loved me
you would share him." Remy, who had been reading over Patton's shoulder, commented.

"Ha!"

Two weeks later In the living room stressin'. My son stonefaced while you're asking for his blessin'.

Since Patton had really no parent or other family of his own, Virgil, Patton's adopted son, was really the only person the only person Logan could ask for his blessing. Logan kept talking and talking as he tried to find the right words to say. Virgil remained completely unfazed. They sat on opposite ends of a long table while Patton sat in the living room with Roman and Remy as they tried to comfort him but it wasn't working.

I'm dying inside, as you wine and dine
and I'm tryin' not to cry, 'cause
there's nothing that your mind can't do. (Oooh)

Patton felt tears welling up in his eyes but he refused to cry since he knew that Logan could do this.

Hopefully.

My son makes his way across the room to you. (Oooh) I panic for a second, thinking "we're through" (Oooh)

Sighing, Virgil stood from his chair. He walked over to Logan's chair, making the man immediately stop talking. Patton felt himself continue panicking even harder. But, Patton's delight, Virgil simply shook his hand and said the simple words. "Be true."

(Oooh)

And you turn back to me, smiling, and I'm Helpless! Look into your eyes and the sky's the limit I'm Helpless!

Logan looked back at Patton with the brightest smile Patton had ever seen him wear. Patton practically burst up from his seat, running into the room and trackling Logan, knocking the chair over.

Hoo! Down for the count and I'm drownin' in 'em I'm helpless! He's mine, that boy is mine! Look into your eyes And the sky's the limit I'm Helpless! Helpless! Down for the count, and I'm drownin'in 'em.

***

1249 words.

And then they had gave Virgil 8 siblings (I'm pretty sure that's how many kids Eliza and Ham had)