To build a home

I just spent 20 minutes trying to explain to my grandpa what earbuds were because he thought my earbuds were a hearing aid...

Tony:

Most of my life, I never had any desire to have kids. Pepper knew this and quite frankly, I don't think she wanted kids herself which was quite reliving because I didn't want to deal with that argument in the future.

But notice how I said most of my life? Well, things change. Which is why you could say Pepper was pretty surprised when I told her about my dream last night where we had a kid and now I have this sudden desire to have a kid.

Crazy right? How things change just like that.

And here I am, sitting in a Starbucks booth with Pepper trying to explain to her why we should have a kid as she sips on her cups coffee.

"And I really think we're ready for this,"

No, we're not, but you never know until you try am I right?

"Well if you wanted to have kids, you shouldn't have gotten that," Pepper says gesturing to the arc reactor.

"But there are other ways, I don't care if this isn't my kid by blood. I want a kid. Somebody to care for, somebody to watch grow up-"

Pepper throws her hands up in the air in surrender, "Alright fine,"

"What did you just say?" I ask making sure I heard her right.

"We can try but, we're obviously going to have to look into our options first-"

"I already started this morning we can adopt,"

"Do you really think we are ready for a kid?"

"I do, I really do"

(Fun fact: every time my parents kiss, my little sister (she's 4) throws a fit!)

~~~~~~~~~~

Time jump to when Pepper and Tony arrive at the foster home (still in Tony's P.O.V)

"Wow. This is place is a shithole!" I say when Pepper and I step into 'Miss. Lee's home for teens'

"Not everybody is a millionaire and can afford fancy houses like you," Pepper says while looking around even though there is not much to look at. There's a small living room with a couch in the middle and a kitchen behind the living room and stairs that probably lead to the kid's rooms.

"Mr. Stark! What are you doing here?" A young brunette woman about the age of 30 says while walking up to Pepper and me.

"Pepper and I are looking to adopt!"

"Really now? Do you have a criteria of what you're looking for in a kid," 'Why does she talk about them like they're objects?' Mrs. Lee asks while guiding us to the living room where there are kids watching tv and a few kids doing homework on the floor and a teenager with brown hair about the age of fifteen with his nose in a book sitting on the bay of a window.

"Not a clue, we thought we might as well just take a look and talk to some of the kids ya know?"

"Of course Mr. and Mrs. Stark, could I get you a glass of water or anything?" Mrs. Lee asked.