Thanksgiving

I saw frozen 2 and it was actually pretty good. I almost cried so that's fun

Peter's always hated thanksgiving. Even as a kid, he hated it. Mostly the socializing part of the holiday and quite frankly, he still does.

He didn't have much to be thankful for to begin with.

But this year, things were different.

You see, mid August of this year just a few days before Peter's birthday he got adopted by the one and only Tony Stark.

They had some laughs, they cried some tears but most importantly, they had a family.

That's something both of them haven't had in a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey kid. You ready for tomorrow?" Tony asked as he stood by Peter's door who naturally had his nose in a book.

Peter looks up from his book, "Whats tomorrow?"

"Please tell me you're kidding," Tony says, but Peter showed no sign of humor.

"Tomorrow is thanksgiving!" Tony exclaims with jazz hands.

"Ohhhhh! I thought it was something that was actually important," Peter says, then goes back to reading his book.

Tony walks to Peter's bed and sits at the edge by where Peter was reading while laying upside down on his back, "It is important. It's the day about giving thanks and being surrounded by those you love,"

"Yeah well you're right here so that's basically every day for me," Peter says with a weak smile.

'God I'm depressing' Peter thought to himself.

"You know there are more people that care about you besides just me, right?" Tony asks, praying his kid is joking.

"Sure, sure there are," Peter says, even though he didn't believe it.

Not surprisingly, when the avengers showed up at their doorstep at 10am Peter stayed in his room.

It wasn't his fault, one he's only met the avengers a few times and two, he did not feel like socializing.

"Are you going to join us?" A feminine voice says, snapping Peter out of his thoughts.

Peter looks up to see Wanda Maximoff. Her and Peter got along very well, considering they both got a lot in common.

"I think I'm just going to stay in there. I'm pretty tired," Peter says with a fake yawn.

Wanda rolls her eyes, and sits next to Peter, he shifts,"You know you can't trick me like you can everybody else. I can see right through you. Something is bothering you, I already know what it is but you need to talk to somebody about it,"

"How do you know something's bothering me?" Peter asks with his arms crossed.

Wanda points her index finger to her brain, "Mind reader, remember?"

"Oh,"

Peter may or may not have forgotten about that.

"If you're ever here to talk. We're here to listen. Pushing us away won't work,"

"I'm not-"

"You're trying. And I hate to break it to you but it's not going to work," Wanda says with determination in her voice.

"You guys wouldn't understand," Peter blurts out, 'Why did you say that! Now she's going to want to know more,' He scolded himself.

"No offense. But I think we will understand more than anybody else. Whatever it is that you're feeling, we've all been there. That's why we are all together,"