5- The path to reach Class A

(Y/N) pov

After the incident with Kushida, I returned to my room.

The summer was getting closer, and it was a bit hot inside, so I decided to open the window. After opening it, I was welcomed by the night breeze and the sound of insects buzzing from the nearby trees.

(Y/N): ''Even if those three study, they will still have problems to pass the exams, what should I do...?''

I sighed.

(Y/N): ''Ugh... What am I even doing...? I said that I wouldn't do anything and here I am, trying to come up with a plan to help those three.''

''Y/N, only a fool wouldn't use his innate abilities.''

Those words stuck in my head.

(Y/N): ''A fool, huh? Yeah, I guess that's what I am after all.''

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't get to sleep, so I got up and left.

(Y/N): ''I guess I'll get something to drink.''

I bought some juice in the lobby's vending machine and headed back for the elevator.

(Y/N): ''Huh?''

The elevator had stopped in the seventh floor, which was the girl's floor. I cheched the CCTV which showed what was happening inside the elevator. I saw Horikita, still in her school uniform. Seeing her might be awkward now, so I hid behind the vending machine.

She exited the building without noticing me.

(Y/N): ''Where is she going this late at night?''

Feeling curious, I followed her and when she finally stopped, I instinctively hid in the corner. For a moment I saw the silhouette of another person.

''Suzune. I didn't think you'd follow me this far.''

Horikita: ''Hmph. I'm far different from the useless girl you once knew, niisan. I came here to catch you.''

''Catch me, hmm?''

Niisan? I hope he doesn't have the same personality as Horikita...

''I heard you were placed in Class D. So I guess that nothing has changed since I left.''

Horikita: ''T-that's not true! I'll show you how different I am now, I'll reach class A and-''

''It's pointless. You will never reach class A. In fact, your class will fall apart soon enough. Things at this school aren't as simple as you think.''

Horikita: ''I will definitely, definitely reach-''

''I told you. It's pointless. You really are a disobedient little sister.''

Horikita's brother stepped closer to her and I could finally see him plainly. It was the Student Council President. He displayed no hint of emotion, it was like he was staring at an uninteresting object. It kind of reminded me of someone I knew...

''If people learned the fact that my sister was placed in Class D I would be humiliated. Leave this school immediately.''

Horikita: ''I-I can't do that... I will definitely reach Class A. I'll show you!''

''How stupid. Do you want to relive the pain of the past?''

Horikita: ''Niisan, I...''

''You possess neither the abilities nor the qualities needed to reach class A. Get that through your head.''