31- Last day (Part 1)

(Y/N) pov

Last day of the exam. It was already dark outside when Horikita sent me a message saying that she wanted to talk. The last discussion would start in an hour and I had nothing else to do, so I accepted.

Horikita: "The exam is about to end. How are things going in your group?"

(Y/N): "Class A doesn't talk at all, so we haven't made any progress. What about you?"

Horikita: "I will win."

She surprised me with that statement.

(Y/N): "So you know who the target of your group is?"

Horikita: "I don't know who is listening, so I can't tell you the details. But everything will be fine."

(Y/N): "Hmm."

I didn't know if I should trust her or not. It didn't really matter to me anyway.

(Y/N): "By the way, Hirata is in our side now. He wanted to cooperate with you in order to reach Class A."

Horikita: "I don't need him."

(Y/N): "Ugh, come on. I thought we already talked about that. You can't fight alone... Don't you remember what happened in the deserted island?"

Horikita: "Of course I remember. But it seems that you are the one who is forgetting something. You promised that you would help me from now on, didn't you?"

She glared at me, as if seeing through my soul. I felt like a mouse in front of a cat.

Horikita: "You aren't planning on breaking your promise, are you?"

(Y/N): "O-of course not."

Horikita: "That's what I thought."

I unconsciously rubbed my arm, which had many marks caused by a certain someone's compass.

(Y/N): "But still, I think that Hirata will be useful. He is the leader of our class and he has a big influence in our classmates."

Horikita: "...Fine."

(Y/N): "Come on, don't be so stubborn- Wait, really?"

I didn't expect her to accept so easily at all. But when I looked at her, I noticed that she seemed to be worried about something.

(Y/N): "What's wrong?"

Horikita: "Nothing. I just have a bad feeling about this exam but... there should be no mistake. I definitely won't lose."

She was probably worried about what Ryuuen would do. But at that point the outcome of for her group had already been decided. There was nothing she could do to change it.

(Timeskip)

The discussion would start in half an hour, but Ichinose asked me to go earlier. When I entered the room, I noticed that only Ichinose was there, but...

So cute...