36- A helping hand

(Y/N) pov

I left the student council room and closed the door behind me. The older Horikita had offered to give me some tea, but I refused. I wanted to talk with Katsuragi, and I wouldn't be able to talk to him if I stayed there much longer.

Also, Tachibana's expression was scary. When I was talking to the older Horikita, she glared at me most of the time, except when she made eye contact with him. When their eyes met, she would always wear a sweet smile, but as soon as he looked back at me, she would return to glaring at me. I didn't know what that girl had against me, but right now I only wanted to stay as far away from her as possible.

The older Horikita said that he would contact me once everything was ready. Apparently, he still had to take care of the paperwork and telling the rest of the student council that I would be joining them soon, so I still had some time to decide how I should tell my classmates about me joining the student council. Once they found out, they would start asking questions and Horikita's reaction to it gave me goosebumps.

As I was walking towards the exit of the school building, I saw a male student surrounded by girls. He was blond and was also wearing the school uniform.

"Aww, Nagumo-kun. Are you leaving already?"

Nagumo?

Nagumo: "I'm sorry girls, there's something I need to talk about with Horikita-senpai

Nagumo: "I'm sorry girls, there's something I need to talk about with Horikita-senpai. I promise I'll make it up to you, okay?"

I didn't recognise any of them, so they were probably second or third years. Once Nagumo entered the building, our eyes met for a moment but we both kept walking without saying anything.

As soon as I exited the building I deadpanned. Due to the air-conditioner, I had forgotten about how hot it was outside.

Well, I guess that Katsuragi can wait.

I hurried back inside and decided that I would make some time before I got back to the dorms.

(Timeskip)

I entered the library, which was located inside the school building. Since I was there, might as well get some books to read. I went to the mystery section since I felt like reading some Agatha Christie. I had already read most of Hercules Poirot, but not Miss Marple. I decided to go for "The murder at the Vicarage", which was Marple's first appearance in an Agatha Christie novel.

As soon as I got there, I spotted a girl taking a book from one of the shelves. She had long, silver hair and was wearing black ribbons. If I remembered correctly, she was a first year like me. She looked at me curiously when I approached one of the shelves.

I looked for the book, but sadly it wasn't there. I guessed that someone had already taken it.

"Umm..."

The girl that I saw before approached me with a book on her hands.

"Were you perhaps looking for this book?"