24- A day of "rest"

(Y/N) pov

Two days had passed since the end of the special exam on the deserted island. I lazily opened my eyes and found myself in the room of the ship I was assigned to.

Yesterday was supposed to be a day of rest. However, many things happened and I can tell for sure that I did not rest at all.

(Y/N): "I'm not going anywhere near them ever again..." I muttered.

As I rubbed my eyes to take away the drowsiness, I heard someone snoring next to me. I slowly turned to the direction where the noise was coming from, only to find Sudo sleeping next to me.

What?

I wisely decided to wake up and calmly analize the situation, but when I was about to stand up I spotted Ike and Yamauchi sleeping on the floor.

(Y/N): "...What?"

I heard Sudo groaning behind me, apparently he just woke up.

Sudo: "Morning..."

...

(Y/N): "WHAT?!"

(The day before)

When I woke up, I was glad to see that I wasn't in that tent anymore. I hadn't slept slept on an actual bed for a week.

I checked my phone for messages, and noticed that I had many from Hirata. Apparently he wanted to celebrate our success in the test and invited our classmates to have lunch in one of the restaurants of the cruise.

Since everything was for free here, we wouldn't need to spend any points.

I doubted that everyone would go though, since there were people like Horikita and Kouenji in our class.

I also had another message from Sakura asking me if I would go.

I told both Hirata and Sakura that I would go and, a few seconds after sending her the message, Sakura told me that she would go too.

Twenty minutes later, I was ready and headed toward the elevator. As I was making my way, I saw a girl by the elevator door. She had her blonde hair tied into a long ponytail.

I knew her quite well. She was one of the most popular girls in my class and Hirata's girlfriend, Karuizawa Kei.

(Y/N): "Good morning."

She glanced over at me with a bored look on her face.

Karuizawa: "Morning."

That reaction made me feel uncomfortable. But since that was Karuizawa's usual attitude toward people she doesn't usually interact with, I shrugged it off.

Karuizawa: "So you're also going to have lunch with us?" She asked sounding somewhat surprised.

(Y/N): "Yeah."

Karuizawa: "Ehhh. I didn't think that you would come, since you are a loner and all."

(Y/N): "I'm not a lone-"

Karuizawa: "Yes you are. Ah, I know! You are here, which means that Horikita-san is also coming, right?"

(Y/N): "...First, Horikita isn't my babysitter, so she isn't everywhere I go. Besides, I don't think that she likes this type of events so-"

Karuizawa: "You know her really well I see. Well, it's to be expected. Loners like each other after all."

...

(Y/N): "That's it. I'm going downstairs."

Karuizawa widened her eyes and then started laughing.