13- The biggest liar

(Y/N) pov

Wednesday morning. I was hurrying to school since I was almost late. The road that lead to the school was completely empty, all the students were probably inside the school building.

I was able to arrive 1 minute before the bell rang. I sighed in relief.

Sakura: "Good morning L/N-kun."

(Y/N): "Good morning."

I was really surprised, that was probably the first time I heard Sakura greeting someone.

I went to my seat and got ready for class.

Horikita: "She also greeted me when I arrived, what's with her?"

(Y/N): "Maybe she is a bit more mature because of what happened yesterday?"

Horikita: "It's not that easy. People doesn't change in one day."

I was no idealist myself, so I thought that Horikita was right. There was no truly major difference between the today's Sakura and yesterday's.

But it wouldn't be right to say that she was the same either.

Horikita: "She should be fine as long as she doesn't overdo it"

(Y/N): "Overdo it?"

Horikita: "If she tries to do something that she isn't able to do yet, she will just fail"

Somehow, it gave me the impression that she was talking about a personal experience.

(Y/N): "It seems that you're quite experienced on that topic."

Horikita: "Do you want to die?"

Why do I keep teasing her if I know what will happen next?

(Timeskip)

Classes ended at 3:30 pm. The discussion would start again in 30 minutes.

I was about to leave, but I decided to speak with Sakura before that.

(Y/N): "Are you heading back?"

Sakura: "We're having the trial again..."

(Y/N): "I'm not participating. Horikita asked me to do something."

Sakura: "I see..."

Sakura looked down, as if she had something in mind. She looked nervous.

(Y/N): "What's wrong?"

Sakura: "Huh?"

(Y/N): "There's no need to be nervous, right? You don't have to testify today."

Sakura: "It's because everyone is doing their best. I thought I'd do my best too."

(Y/N): "What are you talking about?"

Sakura: "Well, there's something I need to do in order to move forward, and I'm going to do it."

Sakura didn't give a clear answer. I wanted to ask her why she looked uneasy, but the cell phone in my pocket vibrated. My alarm told me the time, I couldn't stay any longer.

Sakura: "See you later, L/N-kun."

Sakura's words and bright smile seemed so unlike her. They left me with an unpleasant feeling.

(Timeskip)

It was 3:40 pm. With classes over for the day, I went to the special building. Shortly after, three guys showed up. They appeared happy.

That was because the three of them got an email from the class sweetheart, Kushida. When they saw me, their expressions changed.

Ishizaki: "Why are you here?"