Prologue.

Sudan, Khartoum.

She watched as he smiled sinisterly at her before walking away and leaving her in the crooked bedroom, her knees were to her chest as she cried heavily. She doesn't deserve this type of life, no one deserves her life as a matter of fact. But this is her destiny, this is her life and Alhamdulilah she is alive and breathing but this.. This is pure cruelty.

The wooden door was pushed open and Hajiya Hiba walked inside the room hastily in her dark blue Hijab and black niqaab. She shivered and slowly stood up ignoring the pain shooting through her legs up to her stomach making her feel nauseous.

"I just met him outside, he will be gone for at least an hour, that's enough time for you to escape" she said grabbing the bottom of her niqaab and throwing it over her head revealing her face.

"H-how did yo-u get in h-here?" She asked hugging her and she hugged her back slowly patting her back.

"Ma'aruf the carpenter stole the key from him when he stopped by to greet him on his way out." She replied pulling away from the hug. "We have to be fast" She added picking her brown hijab which looks more like a rag, she handed it to her and with shaky hands she wears it before following her out of the crooked room.

"Wait.. wear this, he has people keeping an eye on you" she stopped abruptly handing her an identical twin of her niqaab and she did as told.

"They will see me"

"Not if something distracts them" Hajiya Hiba smiled at her arranging her own niqaab and right on cue, Abdallah and Ma'aruf where arguing which created a loud crowd. After yelling here and there, punches were being thrown and by now everyone's full attention were on them.

"Run" Hajiya Hiba said holding her hand and they ran through the backdoor down the lane to her house.

She could feel her heart in her eyeballs, literally as she ran away from her own father's house with the hope of never returning. Not even in her wildest dream.

"Sakinah!" Hajiya Hiba yelled as they entered her three bedroom house, with a large compound and boys quarters, she has only been here once and that was the he traveled for three days and that it the best three days of her life.

She was pulled out of her trance when Sakinah wrapped her hands around her in a warm hug, "Alhamdulilah Mimi" she beam at her stepping backwards.

Sakinah is the exact replica of her mother, Hajiya Hiba, except she is chubby with cat eyes, perfectly arched eyebrows, slim nose and perfect smile. She was just fifteen but also her one and only friend, or even more. she is the only person he allows  to come over.

"This is not the time to bond Sakinah! Take her with you and give her the new abaya I brought yesterday and then you guys should come to the kitchen and eat" Hajiya Hiba scolded and Sakinah was quick to follow her mother's orders.

"I'll be outside, when your done just open the door" Sakinah smiled at her warmly when she gave her the black loose free abaya, she nods her head at her sweetness before quickly changing from her half torn atampa gown which he gave her four Eid's ago.

"Eat and be fast, we have spent almost thirty minutes now" Hajiya Hiba said shoving a plate of tuwo and miyan kuka and the tears of joy brim her eyes. How can she replace Hajiya Hiba? SubhanaAllah! She can never, the only thing she can do is pray for her and her family's happiness.

"Is it good?" Sakinah asked watching her closely as she let the morsel roll inside the mouth. She moaned in delight, "sosai" was her short reply until she finished everything on the plate. She washed her hands and drank a chilled cup of water. she can't even remember the last time she ate such good food and felt full.. Alhamdulilah is all she can say.