Chapter two

Sudan, Khartoum.

***

Last night, Khaleel spent the night tossing and turning on his bed, he didn't get an hour of good sleep and that didn't help his current situation. He pressed the coffee machine and watch as the coffee drip into his mug, fast and hot.

"So we are back with the coffee habit huhn? Batool must hear about this" Jameelah said scaring the day lights out of him as the coffee spilled on the counter, just a little amount of it.

"You scared me" he scowled at her grabbing a tissue to dab of the liquid on his hand and on the counter.

"Don't get addicted again" she rolled her eyes tugging her black sequence veil over her head.

"Don't tell Batool please, it's just a one day thing, I need it today" he sighed sitting down and taking a long sip.

"And what about yesterday?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Work is getting more and more hectic, you know that"

"But you don't see me drowning my pains with coffee, pray to Allah and you will be fine InshaAllah"

He sighed taking another sip of his hot coffee ignoring his cousin's glare.

"Any update?" He asked.

"Alhamdulilah she is better now, Hafsat is talking to her, let's just hope she will open up to her" she replied and he nods his head.

"You need to see Aamirah, the girl is just losing her mind, maybe she will hear you out" she advice.

"I can't look at her when I know I can't help her out. I promised to get her home but I can't. There is just no way out and I can't even tell her that"

"We just have to tell her the truth" she bit her lip to stop the tears from falling. How on earth did she even agree to help her cousin with this NGO stuffs when she is sentimental as hell?

"I'm going to check on Hafsat" she lied walking out of his office and to the nearest restroom were she washed her face and re tied her veil.

She stepped out of the restroom after calming herself only to face Kabeer leaning against the door, he flashed her a flirty smile opening his mouth to talk but she caught him off. "Not now please, I am not in the mood" she walked away while he followed her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just please leave me alone" she snapped entering her office before banging the door on his face.

Why can't he just leave her alone?

"I don't understand why you force yourself to work here when you are not emotionally strong to handle this job" she heard his voice and she turned around to glare at him.

"Excuse me!?"

"You heard me" he shrugged off his shoulders nonchalantly as he sat on the black leather couch.

"What is your problem? Can't you just leave me alone?! Your always in my business, Always! I am just sick and tired of you Kabeer" she yelled feeling the anger build up in her body slowly.

"You see your problem JamJam.. You hate it when people tell you the truth, you hate it when I can point out your fears and scars"

She kept quiet knowing very well he is saying the truth. Taking deep breaths, she sat down on the floor before looking up at him and asking him the question she has been meaning to ask him ever since she first met him two years ago.

"Why are you after me?"

"Do you really want to know?" He asked her raising his perfectly arched brow and she nods her head slowly afraid of his answer.