Chapter twenty

Sudan, Khartoum.

***

As much as Khaleel fantasized about his dream turn reality, the way he fantasized his happily ever after with his beautiful gorgeous doctor wife and sweet daughter Raina, he didn't see that turn of events happening.

He didn't plan on meeting Aamirah. the shy, traumatized girl with little sense of humor left in her. Nor did he plan developing an instant deep connection with her- that was definitely not part of his plan.

Not at all.

As a matter of fact, the only reason he took on the NGO job was plain passion and simply walking on his late mother's footsteps. Somehow, doing his job means connecting with his mother on so many levels seeing he has little memories of her.

He has never missed his mother's presence so badly. Now that his sisters, thanks to JamJam found out about his latest mission, they decided to cut off any means of communication with him.

He didn't expect them to take the news well, especially Ya Maamah, but the fact that they didn't give him a hearing ear wounds him severely.

Khaleel checked his beeping phone, it is Batool's usual good morning text and a little dose of 'are you still coming tomorrow' indirectly of course! He sent her a quick reply appreciating how she didn't cut him off like his sisters.

No woman will do that but Batool.. Subhana'Allah! She is certainly one of a kind with the biggest heart. He knows whether or not Aamirah comes out from her hiding cave, he is still going back to Nigeria the next day with the littlest of hope she will ever be able to try and make it work.

He can only hope.

***

Aunty Kulthum sent a warning glare towards Jameelah, she has had enough of all the kids walking on eggshells around each other. For years, she has managed to keep the bond between the cousins strong enough to get them through hard times but now, watching them crumble over something as a personal affair, she simply can't sit back and watch them act childishly.

"My efforts will not go in vain" she had declared and they got a glimpse of her hurting heart because of their problems.

"It's Adda JamJam, the fight stirrer!" Myra said clearly annoyed about the whole situation. "Ya Khaleel is simply too nice. I believe if he wants to take a second wife that's none of your concern!"

"Maryam!" Aunty Kulthum call out.

"This is the moment of truth mommy, we are meant to say the truth, deal with it and get over it!"

"Let's not get too raw" Khaleel intervene glancing at the stairway hoping Aamirah will walk down the stairs. She has been locked in Myra's room for three days straight!

"The truth is always bitter. Adda JamJam is crossing her limits, being mean to Adda Mimi, who has no fault in this is something else talk more of interfering in a personal family feud"

Jameelah gasped "Myra your delusional!"

"I get that your jealous on Adda Batool's behalf, it's okay but Adda Mimi didn't deserve that much hurt. She had only you!"

Khaleel cleared his throat, things are escalating fast and judging by aunty Kulthum's expression, she is worried about that too.

"I just want you girls to know that whatever happens is meant to happen. Whether or not JamJam is in full support of this if Allah wills this marriage will hold on then nothing can stop this from happening" he stood on his feet

"I have a flight to catch tomorrow. Aunty Kul goodnight"

He walked away

***