Chapter eleven.

Sudan, Khartoum.

***

Khaleel dialled her number once again. It wasn't like his Batool to stay mad at him for so long or ignore his calls, she has always been understanding, always. then why will she start ignoring him now? Yes he did her wrong last night but his Batool, subhanaAllah, his Batool is one of a kind.

Knotting his tie around his neck, he dialed a number he is sure will answer unless she is busy. "Ya Maamah?"

"na'am Khaleel, good morning"

"Good morning. I can't get through Batool? I've been calling all morning.." He said getting straight to the point.

"She has a six hours surgery today obviously you can't get through her"

He exhaled deeply. Alhamdulilah.

"Didn't she tell you?"

"Maybe i forgot" he lied, he can't get on Ya Maamah's bad list, not now.

"Pray for the surgery to be a success, it's really taking a troll on her"

His stomach crunch and right at that moment he wanted to weep, she always felt nervous and uneasy before operating her patients. He always had to calm her down and talk to her because she spent the night worrying and praying and he failed her. He wasn't there for her when she needed him. He failed his wife.

"InshaAllah, I trust her, bye" he ended the call composing a message for her before starting his day with a heavy heart.

Wifey- i love you habibty. You'll do wonderful InshaAllah. Call me asap.

***

Khaleel walked out of the visitors lounge and to JamJam's office were she was stomping her feet in front of him, he lossened his tie frustrated and sat on the couch while Jameelah close the door.

"Are you sure?" She asked and he nod his head. "But.. What if they turn out to be like her last adoptive parents?"

"Jameelah InshaAllah she will be fine, she is a strong girl and Hafsat has looked into the family background and reputation. Even I have done my own share of research, they are honest people"

She bit her lip to stop them from trembling. "They seem nice and okay but.. Ya Rabb! This always happens, always" she slumped on her chair s the tears roll down her cheek.

Khaleel stood up smiling at his cousin bravely. "I will never forgive myself if she lives the life she doesn't deserve"

She nods her head understanding.

She knew a day will come when they have to part ways but she can't stop her selft from attaching to the little girl.

She is so sweet and innocent, she wants to be selfish with her. .

"Do you want to see her and say goodbye?" He asked and she shake her head sideways.

"I am afraid I wont be able to let her go if I see her. give her this, tell her it's from aunty JamJam" she hands him a black bracelet that was wrapped around her wrist, it had silver butterfly attached to it and she always obsessed over the bracelet whenever she sat her down on her lap.

"You'll be fine Jameelah" he smiled at her collecting the bracelet as he walked away.

She didn't know why or how she reached out to her phone but when his soothing voice spoke to her, she found herself falling for him more and more.

"What happened?" He asked worried.

"Israh is leaving, this young couple just came and they adopted her" She cried. "You are right Kabeer, I am not fit for this job. I am so emotional and i get close to someone easily, I am not strong enough for this job. I am weak and pathetic and useless and so selfish. I am suppose to be happy for the little girl, she is finally getting the life she deserves but I don't want her to go. What if they end up like her former adoption parents?"