Chapter five

Sudan, Khartoum.

***

Five days. Five long days of running in and out of the hospital, sometimes he can't even believe that he can do it. Sometimes he wonders how on earth he does everything? How he manages to work, check on Aamirah, meet up with the doctors, spend time with the family, check up on his sisters, stay up all night talking to his wife and go on errands for his aunt. It is just too much but days like this, he beams and feels happy, he feels accomplished. Maybe he can do it!

"Ya Allah stop staring" she snapped and he shook his head sideways asking for Allah's forgiveness.

"Do you need any help?"

"No thank you. I'll be out in a second InshaAllah" she replied and he nods his head walking out of the room. He walked to the receptionist were he signed the discharged papers and collected her hospital file. Just as he was done, he turned around to see her holding the brown bag and blanket.

"I'll take that" he said pointing the at the bag and she hands it to him willingly.

"No more hospital InshaAllah" he said driving out of the hospital and she nods her head looking out the window. He sighed, Aamirah is just complicating his messed up head. One minute she is talking to him, opening up to him and the other she is quiet and reserved. shunting him out.

"You will be staying with JamJam in her room, is that okay?" he asked parking in front of the house.

"What about the chalet?" She asked puzzled

"You can't be serious if you think I'm letting you stay there. Unsupervised"

"Unsupervised?" She gasped. "I am not a child for Allah's sake!" She snapped.

"I didn't mean it that way, please just get out from the car"

She exhaled, deeply. "I appreciate your help and everything but let me go. It's time I leave, I am nothing but a burden on you as it is you can't help me so please let me go"

Khaleel was taken aback. He was afraid the time will come when she will be adamant on going but he didn't think it will be this soon. "Aamirah get down the car please, you need to rest we will talk about this later" he said opening the door and walking away before she could register anything.

She sat down on the leather, soft seat confused out of her mind. She sat there with so many thoughts running in her head, how did she even end up in this situation? With Khaleel? Ya Rabb! He is driving her nuts.

Jameelah opened the passenger's seat smiling at her widely, "I missed you Mimi, come in"

"Thank you JamJam, I missed you too" she hugged her brifely before they entered the house.

"Mummy went out with Myra, they went grocery shopping." Jameelah informed as they walk up the spiral stairs. "Make yourself at home" was all she said before leaving her all alone in the light pink painted room with a queen's sized bed, bedside drawer, a table stacked with books by the right, chairs of drawers and bathroom. The room was simple yet beautiful.

Sighing, she walked inside the bathroom to take a bathe.

She is losing it. Slowly.

***

"What do you think we should watch?" Myra asked hands perched on her waist akimbo style. Jameelah who was descending down the stairs in a lilac hijab gasped

"Madam movies today you are asking us what to watch? You must be sick"

"It's not funny, I seriously don't know what we should watch" she poured and they all laughed at her.