Chapter thirty-six

Nigeria, Abuja.

***

Part Eleven; Falling in love.

Dear Ya Ashraf,

Sorry for leaving you hanging.

The thing is, I have restored all hope but what's the point of hope when you have no one to talk to? When you have no one to listen?

Astagfirullah.

I have Allah the Almighty. I have him to listen to me but living in a place where no one cares about you is hard.

Khaleel..

Let me tell you little about him..

He has the most perfect smiles and the kindest soul.

He is patient with me.

He is considerate of my opinion.

He makes me happy.

He makes me feel like I have a voice.

He makes me feel like a queen.

He brings peace to me.

His laughter is so comforting.

His touch is like a spark igniting a fire to my soul.

His composing rich behavior is string pulling.

He has a wife.

And a daughter.

He is happy with his family.

He doesn't need a broken girl like me.

If you haven't figured it out already then let me tell you that I am in love with Ibraheem Khaleel.

I am consumed by his all.

But I won't be that woman.. Ya Rabeel Aalameen.. I WILL NOT BE THAT WOMAN !

I won't separate Khaleel from his wife and sisters..

Maybe Ya Aisha is right..

I charmed Khaleel with my heart wrenching, sad, bitter life story.

Love,
Mimi.

***

Something changed.

Khaleel felt the change in the air that morning when they ate breakfast.

His heart felt heavy all night long.

He could not sleep because Aamirah consumed his thoughts.

She consumed his peace.

Now, he watched as Batool line the dinning table with different delicacies for him. She even dressed up in a low neck red fitted gown touching it up with his favourite scents of perfume.

As much as Batool wants this to be the perfect morning by Allah he doesn't have it in him to give her that.

He is wormed out.

He feels torn apart because of the reality that dawned on him the previous night.

The contract! The stupid contract! He cursed letting out a deep breath.

Batool paused and glanced at him worriedly. He has been like that all night giving her the nonchalant shoulder. Batool did not push him thinking maybe he is stressed over about work or just going to the first Raina NGO in Kaduna brings back memories of Mama. Maybe.