Chapter thirteen.

Sudan, Khartoum.

***

It wasn't Sudan's abrupt change of weather or Ya Maamah's endless call that is on the top of his list rather aunty Kulthum's hard glare and the issue at hand.

He closed his eyes and breathe out heavily hoping somehow when he opens his eyes everything will return back to normal.

Three months ago, he would have been in his office or holding a meeting in the conference room talking about business, or sneaking a cup of coffee so JamJam won't see him and report him to Batool, or talking on the phone with Ya Maamah or any of his sisters who will nag him about coming home but right now, he is a bag of mess.

"You have been sitting here for the past one hour, are you taking any actions or at least explain to me what is going on?" Aunty Kulthum asked.

"I am waiting for someone aunty Kul, I don't want to worry you"

She hissed not so softly, "worry me? It has been half a day already!"

Before he could reply, the bell rang and Myra was quick to jump up the couch and open the door. She stepped away and their eyes fell on him leaving aunty Kulthum in shock.

"Hassan?" She asked when the person walked inside the room dressed in black trousers and blue buttoned up shirt.

"It's Hussain" he crouched, "Assalam Alaikum"

Of course.. how can she even compare Hassan to his well mannered twin who is completely sober and mentally healthy?

"Wa'alaikum salaam" she replied and Khaleel motioned for him to sit on the couch.

He paused for awhile after they exchanged pleasantries before letting out a sharp breath.

"I haven't been keeping tracks of him for three weeks now. Our parents found out that I have been sponsoring him all this years so they cut his electricity and his bills and forbade me from keeping contacts with him" he said and one could easily detect the sadness in his voice.

"I saw him last three weeks, he looked.. miserable" Khaleel replied and Hussain nod his head understanding.

"Are you sure the girl is with him? I have been calling him but his phone is switched off"

This time JamJam is quick to speak up, "obviously she is with him. He is the only person she knows here apart from us.."

"Jameelah!" Aunty Kulthum snapped.

"I mean to say she is definitely with him. Aamirah has not been herself for the past three weeks and just this morning she said she will be meeting with Hassan" she replied trying not to be rude this time around.

"They seem close"

JamJam nod her head "Ever since their first date, they have been tight"

Khaleel's heart fell in the pit of his stomach on the word date.

Wait.. is that even considered a date? But it was more like a friendly meeting..

Wasn't it?

He cleared his throat to stop Jameelah from saying anything that will irk him further.

"Can you help us track him or should we take legal action?" Khaleel asked.

"Give me twenty four hours please. I know my brother has caused a lot of problems to your family but I am pleading with you"

Khaleel felt the pang in his chest, seeing Hussain beg him is something he has never imagined. He is his ex best friend's twin brother, they practically grew up together and just to be in this situation, again is heart wrenching.