EPILOGUE

Nigeria, Abuja.

***

Presently, she has just woken up from a long sleep. Her body feels weird and slightly sore so she took deep heavy breaths and tried pulling herself up from the bed. For a minute Aamirah forgot why she feels different down from her head to toes but when she glanced down at her growing stomach, it all made sense. Her babies are turning her into a blob.

She subconsciously rub her hand over her stomach protectively before letting out a deep sigh and carefully walking to the bathroom. The first time Khaleel brought her over to her new home, she was shocked the whole day. She couldn't believe this was even reality so she turned around and blurted her mind out to him.

"Khaleel, there is now way I can turn this huge HOUSE into a HOME!"

Khaleel laughed at her before proceeding to show her the gigantic bathroom, her favorite place in the house other than the kitchen.

Now, two years later, she is more than comfortable in her beautifully decorated home. She is obsessed with each and every room, most especially this cozy bathroom where she always takes a very hot and relaxing, long bath.

It took her awhile to dress up mostly because nothing feels comfortable with her growing stomach but she finally settled on a sky blue free gown. She didn't even bother glancing at the deodorant or perfume because she hates the mere sight of them. Khaleel had teased her about it even taking this to the doctors office who assured him it was normal. Pregnant women tend to have very strong opinion about everything.. Khaleel can testify that.

She tucked her legs into the maternity soft shoes before walking downstairs to find something to eat. When she hear the familiar shrieks, she stopped by the stairs peeping down to catch a glimpse of Raina and Khaleel. She is riding her pink bicycle while her father is tickling her.

Aamirah smiled at them sweetly. They haven't noticed her, not yet at least, so she stayed rooted watching and loving on them from afar.

Sometimes she can't believe how big Raina has gotten over the years with her big grin, one sided dimple, furrowed eyebrows and sweet talkative personality. She has definitely captured her heart, the whole of it.

"Daddy... Stop" she shrieked running away from his hold. Somehow, she caught a glimpse of Aamirah.
"Look.. Mummy is awake!"

Khaleel looked up with a blinding smile on his face, "Come down here, mummy"

Before she could even reach to the bottom of the stairs, Khaleel was quick to embrace her. His warm long fingers curl around her waist sending thousand of shivers down her spine. When he leaned into her ear and blew a raspberry, she almost lost it right there. Ya Allah! This strong force.. his strong force.

"Khaleel, let me see my baby first" she breathe shakily.

"I'm here"

She giggled slightly moving from his hold. "My little baby, not you, love"

Aamirah gently reach out embracing Raina in a motherly coated hug enjoying the feel of her soft four years old hands around her neck. She inhaled her sweet scent kissing her forehead. "Hi, my baby. When did you come?"

"Maama dropped me off, she went to the hospital" Raina pulled away. "She said she will bring ice cream later for our girls day out, did you call Aunty Maama yet?"

Aamirah held onto her hand listening to Raina ask her numerous questions, "Yes, we spoke earlier. We are meeting up with Saffy and the rest soon"

"Yayyyy!!.. where is Daddy?" She turned around trying to catch a glimpse of Khaleel.