Chapter twenty-seven

Nigeria, Abuja.

Immediately after Fajr prayers, Khaleel found it very hard to go back to sleep. He has been anxiously awaiting to talk to Batool and just work it out that sleeping is the last thing on his mind so he took a bath, dressed up and decided to check on his office back in Sudan. He knows JamJam will never lack on her job, although they are still not on talking terms she will never let his hard work go in vain. She knows how much the NGO in Sudan means to him and she will do everything in her power to make sure it's up to his standards. Especially since he is not around.

Around nine o'clock in the morning, Khaleel already had two cups of coffee and checked up on Raina, Batool stirred in bed. Their eyes locked and he felt his heart fall in the pit of his stomach. This is it. It's either they go back on Habibiey and Habibty term or they will forever be Khaleel and Batool. Ya Rabeel Aalameen.. just the thought of that makes his heart ache severely.

"Good morning" Khaleel said closing his laptop and moving to sit near her on the bed. Batool yawned pulling the covers from her body.

"Morning" then she moved to stand up in his black T-shirt and sleeping shorts. Khaleel swallowed the lump in his throat.

"It's tomorrow!"

"Ya Allah! Give me a break. I just woke up.." she sighed standing up and closing her eyes for two seconds. "can I at least brush my teeth and check on our daughter?"

Khaleel sighed rubbing his hand on his face. He nod his head. What has gotten into him? She just woke up for goodness sake! With this attitude, there is no way Batool will forget him. He has got to get his act together.

Ten minutes later, Batool walked back into the room looking more alive than sleepy. She closed the door behind her and walked inside with her mug of coffee. Khaleel didn't push her on it. Rather, he let her drink her coffee in peace while scrolling through her phone.

"This is torture Batool.." he groan glaring at her phone which she held in her hand.

"I'm just checking up on Raina. Siddiqa took her to the park and I wanted to make sure she's fine" she replied dropping her phone and mug on the bedside table.

"I really hope you choose your words carefully Khaleel. I am over this fight. I hate when we have a fallout but sometimes it's the only way I can get you to know you did something wrong and very unacceptable"

His heart is beating wildly against his ribcage. He could feel his breathing coming out in haggard pants. Hurting Batool, seeing her this much hurt is like falling in a blazing dungeon. It hurts him, so bad. When he recalls just how much Batool has fought to be with him and how much she sacrificed for him and how much she loves him, Ya Azeez, how dare he hurt this woman? His woman. The woman who has been with him since day one. The one who never gave up on him when he fell into depression.. or when he did all those bad sinful games.

"I will never purposely hurt you Batool. You know that right?"

Nodding her head, Batool held her hand in his blinking back the tears that threatened to spill from her eyes. "It's hurts so bad. I don't want to share you with someone" she had failed. The tears rolled down her face fast and hot.

"Habibty.."

"Just listen to me please" she cut him off taking a deep breath. "This is my destiny and as much as I hate this there is nothing I can do about it. I have accepted this as my faith and test from Allah but I told you previously, it's okay for me to act like this and cry cause wallahi I am hurting"

He knows it's of no use trying to act strong when he is with Batool because this woman is his wife. His better half and if he doesn't show his real self when he is with his wife then where will he show his real self? With that, he let his own tears spill carelessly.