Chapter eight.

Sudan, Khartoum.

***

It seemed delicious, the sponge cake sandwiched with banans, jam glaze and whipped cream. The air smelled of coffee and tummy-growling snacks with a whip of cherries. This is.. amazingly delicious! She thought taking a bite of her cake. So soft, so sponge like

She glanced at Myra whose back was to her as talked with Imaam. Aamirah can't even believe this! How on earth did she agree to follow Myra on a date with her guy? Myra and her ways of blackmailing!

She averted her eyes back to her dessert and just then a shadow towered over her. She shivered when a male voice asked her if the seat before her is vacant, before she could reply, not that she was planning on. He grabbed the chair and sat on it, that was when she found the courage to look at him.

He was tall and huge, dolled in a black Kaftan with no cap. He blinked and Aamirah can swear the tip of his eyelashes touched his lower eye, they were so long and eye catching. A sly smile was on his face as he pushed his big, muscular, fair hand inside his curly hair. He must be Arabian! Yes. He must be an Arabian.. The fair skin, the radiant smile, the curly black hair, the sideburns, the everything.

"Assalam Alaikum.."

Ya Salaam! The way the words rolled from his mouth. That should be illegal, his voice should be illegal. Should she reply? Oh God no. Her voice.. It's nothing compared to his. Absolutely nothing. She should just save herself the embarrassment and keep quiet. Maybe she should act dumb..

"I believe you are a muslim with the veil around your head so it's complusary for you to answer my salaam"

Wait.. She heard that before.

Khaleel.

He mind immediately froze at the thought of Khaleel. She missed having him around even though he was gone for three days. She missed his company and she needed to ask if he was fine. The day they fought she spent the night thinking about what made him so mad.. He wasn't like that. Something must have pissed him off and she ignited his anger when he saw her with a knife in her hand.

"Are you deaf? I know sign language" he said again before wiggling his fingers in the air making a gesture which she was sure meant, can you hear me?

"Waa'alaikum salaam"

"Oh" he dropped his hand, "so you can talk"

"Alhamdulilah yes"

He smiled and she averted her gaze to her half eaten sponge cake.

"That must be delicious.." He said and she looked at him confused. "The cake. I saw you eating it earlier and I just couldn't help but order the same thing" just then a waitress dropped a saucer of the same sponge cake she was eating before him.

"Bismillah.." He grabbed his fork taking a bite and she did the same.

"MaashaAllah you have a lovely choice. I never knew about this cake until today, I always ordered the chocolate cake or nutella twist bread or a cup of coffee" he said.

"Thank you but credits go to my sister" she replied.

"Your not here alone?"

"No. My sister is sitting over there with her friend" she pointed at Myra who was laughing at something Imaam had said. He stared at them before turning around

"They don't look like friends maybe more"

She shrugged off her shoulders. "Well she said he is her friend and nothing else"

"Ah the usual" he chuckled.

"I didn't catch your name.." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"That's cause maybe I didn't throw it"

He laughed so hard she had no choice but to laugh along with him, his laughter is so contagious. Simply irresistable.

"SubhanaAllah! Ten missed calls from Adda JamJam, five from mummy. We are dead meat!!" Myra said standing beside her while Imaam was paying for their snacks.

"Lets go" Aamirah stood up. "Nice meeting you" she turned to the Arabian guy.

"Won't you throw your name, I can catch it, no problem" he teased and she smiled.

"It's Aamirah"

"Hassan" he smiled. "Hassan Marwan"

***

Jameelah stared at her phone screen, why is she hesitant? Why can't she just man up and dial his number already. It's been almost a week now and she hasn't heard from him nor did he stop by to see her like he normally does. Every since their little talk the morning he dropped Khaleel in the airport, she never heard from him.

She sighed. I can do this, it's just Kabeer. I can do this. She gave herself a little pep talk before tapping on the ID. Just when it started ringing, she freaked out. What is she doing? she wanted him to leave her alone and now that he is not pestering her she is calling him? Why?

"Hello?"

Too late. Too late.

"JamJam?" He called out making her insides to dance. Oh how she missed hearing his voice. Ya Rabb!

He exhaled deeply, "Jameelah?" No one has ever called her name like that.. It sounded so right, so good. by now tears were rolling down her cheek slowly.

"Jameelah Shu'aib"

Okay her emotions were lose. all over the place, she can't do this anymore. she can't hold it back anymore. She broke into sobs, she was crying into the phone really hard.

"Have you given up already?" She hiccups.

"Never. You know that, I just had to stay away for sometime, I was losing control you know"

She sniffed, oh this man! Kabeer Dagari will not be the death of her.

"I was so worried"

"What took you so long to call?"

She wiped away her tears with her hand but it seemed like an impossible task. "I don't know.. I- i.."

"Can I come over? I want to see you"

Her heart is beating fast now. Really fast. "It's late. Mommy will kill me" he sighed. It was almost midnight, obviously her mother will not approve of their meeting.

"Tomorrow morning?" He questioned and she smiled.

"InshaAllah"

"I can't wait" he beamed through the phone and she chuckled. Kabeer can be such a child! "Go to sleep JamJam, I'll see you tomorrow InshaAllah"

"Okay, goodnight"

"Goodnight wifey" this time she didn't frown rather she smiled ending the call.

Goodnight hubby.

That night she slept on the couch in the living room..

***
Soyayya dadi😂😍 y'all I love Kabeer and JamJam ehnn

Mimie and Hassan? Im confused.

Khaleel nko?

Vote, comment and share❤

A/N: reagarding my last update. Maybe you totally misunderstood me or i wasn't clear enough.. i am not worried about the comments and votes not being high (they are drastically high btw and we are only in chapter eight) i am talking about those who read and don't vote. Those who do not vote at all.

For those who don't comment, I get were you are coming from. you might be reading offline or something but voting.. Babe it takes less than a second to tap that button.thank you. ❤