Chapter thirty-five

*You are allowed to feel off and take as many breaks as you need.*

Last month was Mental health awareness month, in honour of that, (even though I am late) drop a nice, positive, encouraging sentence for someone down in the comments section.

#MentalHealthawarenessmonth; For all the silent battles you fought alone, just know I am super proud of you and your doing amazing sweetie❤️❤️

***

Nigeria, Abuja.

Khaleel.

After her much needed talk with Khaleel the previous night, Aamirah feels much more better and healthier.

It's like she has been drenched with cold water which someone brought her back to life.

Or as if someone cleared her brain and gave her a new perceptive on life.

Khaleel did that.

He gave her new eyes.

New, clear eyes to see the world and learn it's tactful ways.

Aamirah has come to a conclusion that life happens. Her father did what he did and Mama did what she had to do.

He enforced the rule of choosing her kids over her sanity and Mama chose what was best for her.

She chose to leave.

So Aamirah has to do what's good for her.

She must choose her sanity over what she is suppose to feel or how she is suppose to cope with everything in her life.

This time it's all about her healing journey.

Aamirah carefully walked to the bathroom ignoring the sting in her legs. She changed the drained with blood bandage before taking a hot shower and dressing up in a burnt orange brocade gown before tying her the matching scarf on her head.

Ya Maamah is her saviour. She somehow predicted her measurement and got all sorts of traditional clothes for her and had Batool stack it in her closet.

It's been so long since she dressed up in Nigerian traditional hausa attire and she feels so good about it.

She cannot wait to start a new chapter of her life with Khaleel, Batool and Raina. As weird as it probably sounds, Aamirah looks up to Batool like her elder sister and Raina as her daughter.

She is beyond grateful for them and looks forward to spend every moment loving them and showing them how grateful she is to have them.

It has been a strenuous journey for all of them and Aamirah knows she hasn't made it easy on all of them but now that Alhamdulilah her brain is cleared out, she is going to do everything to make it up to Batool and show her gratitude for everything she did to her.

She will respect her and help her out with anything she wants. Especially now that she has resumed work, she will most certainly help her with Raina. The sweet little girl who has captured her heart wholly.

With a clear mind and heart, Aamirah walked out from the room with a big smile on her face. She tried not to pay too much attention to her hurting leg. She really hopes Batool won't notice how she is limping because she is so ashamed of herself and her body. She is ashamed of the scars decorating her body.

Last night was an eye opener.

It was awful yet beautiful in so many way.

Khaleel opened up to her!

Yes, she was not expecting Khaleel to spill all that on her but the fact that he is trusting her with his secrets is everything.

He just showed her that even the most perfect person has been through hard times in life.