Chapter forty-four

Nigeria, Abuja.

***

Aamirah could not take it in all at once. While Khaleel settled Talha's payments and collected the address, she escaped to the bathroom.

She had a long bath, thinking about everything the private investigator had said. She was lost, so lost. All she could was make up scenarios about how her conversation with her mother will go.. how will she bare standing before her mother only to see her eyes, blank, unmoving, blind.

It is all too much.. too much to think of so she dipped lower inside the hot bath and let the water surround her body and mindset.

Until Khaleel knocked on the door concerned. He called out, "Aamirah, are you okay?"

Her lips wobbled slightly at the pureness and concern from his voice.

"Aamirah?"

She inhaled deeply. Khaleel is making this ten times harder to think straight. All she can think when he is around is him. She is utterly, insanely consumed by him and she wants all of him. The problem is how.. how is she suppose to do that?

"Mimi, I'm coming in"

She bit her lip hard. "I'm not clothed"

"Then come out, please"

She slowly pulled up from the bath and wore the bathrobe on her body. Then she proceeded to tidy up the bathroom and perform ablution. Khaleel patiently waited by the door. He was there.. even when she pulled the door open, she found him there standing worriedly.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" He asked running his eyes over her concerned.

"I didn't hurt myself Khaleel.." she replied moving closer to him. "It's just a lot.. can you hold me please?"

Relief washed down his body. Suddenly, he gripped her in a hug kissing her fastly, hungrily, sweetly. He didn't let go until he was sure Aamirah was fuzzy from his overpowering love. That's when he got control of himself and moved away.

"I was going to visit Baba, do you want to come along?"

Aamirah nod her head eagerly. She definitely needs the change of environment to think clearly and breath properly.

"Alright, let's pray Dhur first"

While she changed into a lilac bubu gown, Khaleel performed ablution and laid the prayer mat. They prayed together, as one before finally going out the doors. Aamirah breathe deeply entering the car and leaning on the seat. The car is cozy with a tinge of sweetness. When he pulled out, she watched out the window captivated by the beauty of her surroundings.

Subhanalilah! Allah is truly magnificent!! Everything is mesmerizing up from the sky to the ground.

It was until Khaleel pulled into a different environment, not Baba's house, that's when she looked at him flabbergasted.

"I'm very sure Baba is at home.. not here" she said laughing lowly.

"Mimi, we need to eat" he chuckled parking under the shade before turning off the car. That is when she realized indeed this is a restaurant. A posh, beautiful restaurant that has her drooling at every interior designing and category of good looking food. She did not hesitate to eat when Khaleel ordered for them.

"Now, let's visit Baba" Khaleel said when they buckled in the car after their very lavish meal. They didn't talk after that. Only the recitation of the Qur'an playing from the radio.

When the arrived, they met Batool, Aunty Kulthum and Raina with Baba in his living room. Everyone froze, until Raina ran to her father breaking the little ice in the living room.