Chapter twevle.

Sudan, Khartoum.

Its a short one.....

***

Assalam Alaikum dear friend or so I thought.

I see her everyday, she is the last thing on my mind when i go to sleep and the first thing on my mind when i wake up..

I think about how wonderful it will be, if she was still with me, she would have helped me but no..

You had to step in the picture.

You took my Khadi now i will take your girl.

Hassan Marwan.

He can't count the number of times he read the email.

Each time more painful than the last.

He needs to take action and quick.

Closing his laptop and grabbing his blazer, he walk out of the office after attending to some files on his way out.

"Will you be coming back or should I reschedule the meeting till tomorrow?" Maleek asked and he clear his throat.

"Tomorrow" he concluded before walking to his car and driving away. Something gnawed in him, this will not end well.

It took him half an hour before he arrived at his destination, the last time he was here he was forced to visit his friend but this time he came willingly. He needed answers and clarification

The brown roof stood there alone in the secluded area. It is the only house in sight with a clear green lawn and g wagon parked in the driveway. His only property

Sighing deeply, Khaleel forced his legs to walk to the white door where he pressed the doorbell. He tried again and finally the door was pushed open after shufflings and struggles with the door knob..

All fear vanishes the moment he set his eyes on Hassan, it was quickly replaced with pity and worry. His friend is a mess, a wreck.

"What are you doing here?" he growled attempting to scare him or get any reaction out of his but Khaleel wasn't giving in to anything. He is done with his tactics and hide and seek games, he is done.

"Let me in" he demands and after a while of staring at each other, he banged the door wide open and walk further inside the house.

That is a first! He thought following him inside the house. It was dark, the lights were flicked off, the blinds were pulled down. sting of alcohol met his nostrils as he kicked an empty bottle out of the way.

The place is unhealthy, for anyone. He sat on the brown couch opposite him who was eating his leftover pizza, Khaleel pulled out his phone from his pocket and switched on the flashlight. He can't be talking with him in the dark without looking at his face and looking for any emotions to show he is still human and alive.

"Damn! What's with the flashlight?!" He snapped squinting his dark, eye bagged eyes.

"It's a miracle I found the couch easily"

He hissed "It's dark, just like my heart and my soul. You can leave if you can't adjust"

Khaleel ignored him keeping his phone beside him. it still bothers him how Hassan can appear so human and normal and good looking when he steps out of his house but look so dark and alone immediately he is back home. It scares him that he is a completely different person when he is outisde but here, he looked different, so different its hard to believe he is the same Hassan.