Chapter thirty-four

Not Edited!!!!!

Nigeria, Kaduna state.

Khaleel was overly tired from the day's trip.

He drove for two hours only to find himself drowning in a pile of work.

Lots and lots of work.

They had been repairs and renovations of the original Raina Non governmental organization to say the least. Khaleel was all and about making sure every single child and person is taken care of just like his mother would have done.

He met a lot.

Different type of innocent children, women and even men. Some were sent to the city by their parents to work for money and they ended up falling in the wrong hands.

Khaleel almost cried listening to a young girl's story. Sumayya. She was sent away to work in the city at the mere age of twelve. She has been hawking groundnut for sometime but business did not work so she turned to house maid business. It was then she was emotionally and physically tortured. Sumayya claimed to be molested by the house boy who she sleeps with in the boys quarters. Her boss is no more like a monster, she beats her for every small mistake she makes and punishes her by starving her. It was a living hell.

Khaleel had gently assured Sumayya that she will be fine.

It has been a lot of unrealistic stories which are somehow the reality we live in. He can't help but imagine if JamJam is to hear all this.. Ya Rabbi.. she will weep for days.

When he got to the hotel room, he quickly took a shower and collapsed on the bed.

It was around twelve already and he knows without a doubt that Batool has fallen asleep seeing she has a morning duty tomorrow.

He had just finished praying some voluntary prayers when his phone rang. Khaleel was beyond surprise to see Aamirah's call thinking she might have already gone to bed but he picked up immediately.

His heart stilled when he heard her small whimpers.

"Aamirah.." he called worriedly letting out a shaky breath.

"Mimi. What's wrong?"

Silence followed by heavy heart wrenching sobs.

"Your scaring me, please what is wrong?"

"Khaleel I'm sorry. I broke my promise.. im so sorry Khaleel.. please forgive me, please" she hiccuped.

"Aamirah what happened? Are you okay? What promise?"

She inhaled sharply, "I had an episode"

His heart palpitated. "Ya Rabeel Aalameen.. did you?"

"I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad. Please forgive me. I wasn't in control of my emotions.."

"Where are you?"

"In my room"

"And?"

"I found a first aid box and.. and I cleaned myself. I'm sorry"

He took a deep breath closing his eyes hurtfully. "I'm not mad Aamirah, I'm actually proud of you. Your healing. You cleaned yourself up and stopped before it got out of hand"

"I had a nightmare. They are all dead. Ya Ashraf, Baba, Mama and Amina. They all died and I was left all alone. I was so scared Khaleel.. I was scared and then he pushed the door and came inside. He slapped me.. and he told me to obey him.. he removed my clothes.. he touched me. I begged him. I tried to push him away but he is stronger than me.. he, Khaleel, he.."