Chapter four

Sudan, Khartoum.

***

Khaleel can feel his heart beating so fast he is afraid the people near him can hear. He walks back and forth in front of the emergency and accident unit while praying to Allah to make sure she is okay. Immediately he stepped his foot inside the chalet, he met Aamirah holding a knife on her arm as she dug harder not caring about the blood dripping on the floor. She looked so lifeless, as she stared at nothing, her face was so expressionless that no matter how hard he tried to get an emotion out of her he couldn't.

What could have happened to her? Ya Rabb. His phone was ringing against his pocket so he pulled it out and answered when the ID caller displayed, JamJam.

"Assalm Alaikum, are you okay? It's four o'clock your still not home. Mummy is getting worried.." She said when he answered and he sighed deeply. He can just tell her the truth or lie to her so she won't worry herself but he needed someone with him or else he will lose his mind thinking about negative things.

"Can you drive down to the hospital? Something happened"

"Subhanalilah, are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine, it's Aamirah. Don't tell mommy please"

"Okay I'll be there soon" she hangs up without bothering to ask which hospital knowing Khaleel always goes to Kabeer's Father's hospital not because he is his friend but because it is closer to the chalet.

He decided to walk to the mosque and pray Asr when his phone beeped.

Hello habieeby, it's approximately sixty one days without you. Sixty one days of going to bed wishing you were beside me, sixty one days of waking up to an empty bed, sixty one days of surviving without you.. The point is I miss you so much. Please come home soon. I love you!! May Allah subhanahu wata'allah be with you and may He protect you from all evil.

Your habibty, Batool.

P.S i miss you cooking for me.

He felt his heart beating so fast in his chest as he typed a quick reply stating he misses her too which is indeed true.

***

In less than thirty minutes, Jameelah arrived at the hospital dressed in a peach abaya with matching veil nearly placed on her head. She walked to her cousin who was sitting on the door of the emergency room as calmly as possible before taking the space beside him.

"How is she? What happened?" She asked concerned

"I don't know yet" he sighed before filling her on what happened while she gasped muttering subhanaAllah under her breath.

"Hafsat couldn't make it to the chalet because of the pouring rain and Lamis is still on break" Jameelah said.

"What about the kids?"

"I asked Hafsat to check on them, she will be there soon" he nods his head slowly as they sat in silence waiting for the doctor to exit the emergency room. After a while of waiting, the door was finally pushed open and a nurse walked out.

"The doctor will like to meet you in his office, please follow me" she said and the two were quick to jump on their feet. After walking down the hall and taking the second turn right, the arrived at the door which had the pallet written in bold handwriting, Dr.Habib Aslan. They sat down awaiting the arrival of doctor Habib who arrived shortly

"Sorry for keeping you waiting, if you don't mind me asking how are you related?" the doctor asked and Jameelah pulled out her ID card, office card and hospital permit which Khaleel was thankful for, he had completely forgotten about the information required.