Chapter eighteen.

Dedicated to majiddamadina you make me laugh. Thank you for joining us❤❤

Sudan Khartoum.

***

Maybe he didn't see her sitting on the floor beside the kitchen cabinet, or maybe he chose to ignore her. Either way, it is fine with her.

She watch as he switch the lights on and opened the fridge, immediately the door was pulled open, an orange fell on his leg. He shrieked bending down to pick the orange.

subconsciously he cursed loudly "stupid, dan iskan orange"

Aamirah burst into laughter startling Khaleel to death as he jumped and turned around "How did you.. What are you doing here?!"

"Your silly" she cracked up wiping away the tear that spilled from her uncontrollable laughter.

"You saw that?"

"Yep"

Khaleel smiled returning the orange inside the fridge before grabbing a can of apple soda. "So care to tell me why your sitting on the cold tiles in the kitchen half past midnight?" He sat on the counter as her laughter died.

"Care to tell me why your drinking apple soda half past midnight?" She raised her eyebrow as he gulp down the drink.

"I couldn't sleep" they answer simultaneously before laughing at each other.

She looked so carefree that he won't trade this moment for the world.

"I just.. Couldn't sleep. Nigtamares are the worst" she spoke clicking her tongue.

"I wish i can help" smiling at him, she hugged her knees to her chest. Her hands are draped around her knees while resting her chin on her hand.

Her eyes shine with sadness..At that moment he felt his heart beating so fast he is afraid she can hear.

The ash hijab she wore did more justice to her enchanting, radiant beauty.

She looked so Aamirah.. Expect she is the saddest version of Aamirah.

"Why are you awake?"

How can he tell her that he couldn't sleep because he is missing Batool, because he can't even save his marriage and here he is trying to save her. A complicated woman who is not wanting help.

"Work"

The fell silence. Only the sound of Khaleel's drink hitting the counter.. He had already finished the drink so he threw it in the trash can expretly.

"If I can grant you one wish what will that be?"

Aamirah was take aback, the question just happened. Just like that. "I would really love to go home.." She need not think twice.

"To see my mother, to leave this country. To escape everything" she shivered at that swallowing the big lump in her throat.

Standing up slowly she said, "Can you give me that. Please"

Just like dust, she was gone.

***

When Khaleel received Ya Maamah's call immediately after Fajr prayers he figured out he did something wrong. Something that can make her call him when the world is yet to be fully awake.

He wasn't worried something bad might have happened, she is always reluctant to share bad news with him until it's beyond her control.

"Waa'alaikum salaam" she replied his greeting in a stern voice.