Chapter six.

momisani

Sudan, Khartoum.

***

He felt it, the slight change that occurred under the hot sun of a busy Saturday in the mall. This was a bad idea! Very bad. Rubbing his palms together, he exhaled before leaning back on his chair. The box of fries and chicken burger with extra cheese doesn't seem appealing to him anymore, all he wanted was to make sure he gets her out of the crowdy mall, safe and sound.

She squinted her eyes before shifting on the chair as if she wasn't comfortable then she glanced up and their eyes locked for a second before she returned her gaze to her entangled fingers.

"Aamirah" he called softly and she glanced up at him, for two seconds.

"I want to use the restroom" she said and he raised his eyebrow even though she wasn't looking at him.

"I think we should wait for JamJam to get back"

"I can go on my own. Please" he sighed before standing up along with her but she stopped him.

"I am not running away, be rest assured. I just need to use the restroom" and with that she walked out of the food court, she walked away glamed in her emerald green jilbaab and scarf.

He waited for ten minutes before he decided to call Jameelah and ask her what was taking so long to buy a couple of dress and other items for Aamirah but when it went straight to voicemail, he hissed.

He got the food packaged before walking to the restrooms and leaning on the door. He simply can't go inside the female restroom that's for sure but how on earth is he suppose to make sure she is okay? He kept trying Jameelah's phone but when he tried for the fifth time and he got no response he opted for the second option.

"Ya Rabb! Khaleel are you stalking me?" She questioned rolling her eyes

"What took you so long? Do you know how worried I was? Are you okay? What if something had happened to you?" He bombarded her with questions

"I am fine, just a little bit dizzy"

"We should get you home. I think JamJam will spend the night here, it's been two hours maybe she is buying the whole mall"

She chuckled. "Try calling her"

"Probably in her bag"

She nods her head following him to the parking lot were his car was parked, just when they were about to enter, she winced and his eyes shifted to her ankle were blood was dripping.

Slowly.

***

Aunty Kulthum served the just cooked chicken soup inside the bowl before keeping it on the tray next to the garlic hot freshly baked bread. She handed it to Myra who walked out to the gazebo and placed it before her cousin brother who was typing away on his laptop.

"For me?" He questioned looking up from the bright screen and setting his eyes on the goodness before him.

"Yep"

"Thank you sweetie"

"Your welcome. what are you doing?" She questioned sitting beside him on the love couch as he devoured on his meal.

"I've been working on this letter for the past few days.."

"Haba Ya Khaleel, few days?"

"Almost a week now, it's not my fault I've been pretty occupied"

"Can I help?"

He smiled, "Sure but i don't think this is the right work for an architect"

"Excuse you! Four hours. That's all I ask then we will see who can write a better letter. This young architect in the making or the ceo of the renowned Raina NGO!" She rolled her eyes while he laughed.

"Okay Myra, take your time. We shall see"

She took his laptop stomping her feet as she walked away. After clearing his plate, he dropped it in the kitchen before strolling to his aunt's room were he thanked her for the delicious meal.

"Assalam Alaikum" he knocked on the door and Jameelah who was slumped on the couch bag reading a novel looked up at him.

"Wa'alaikum salaam, she is asleep. Come in"

"How is she coping?"

JamJam closed her novel and placed it on her study table close to her. "Fine Alhamdulilah. The cut wasn't that deep, at least I managed to clean it up and cover it. We need to take her to the hospital tomorrow InshaAllah"

He sighed. "Okay"

"I will be lying if I say I'm not scared"

"Me too JamJam"

"This episode thing is terrifying, we have to be extra careful. May Allah make it easy and May He grant her quick shifaa"

"Ameen, Allah ya bada ladan jinya, I'll head to my room now. I have this letter to complete and Myra challenged me.."

"Ameen and good luck to you weirdos" she laughed.

***

Khaleel smiled at the laptop screen before him, how can a woman who is miles away from him take away all his sorrows and fear by just talking to him? That is just insane. Insane and perfect!

"Quit smiling like a creep hubby" she beamed and he chuckled.

"So now I'm a creep? Wow Habibty"

"Yes, you are my creep" he bit he lower lip and he laughed agreeing with her on that.

"You will be fine InshaAllah" she said out of nowhere and he raised his eyebrow at her confused. "I pray for you everyday, every minute, every second of my life"

"How do you know I'm a mess just by looking at me?"

"I'm your wife for a reason. Now you better wipe that worry lines off your forehead or else I am calling Ya Maama"

"Yes Doc"

She turned her head when someone walked in on her before replying with okay and turning back to her husband. "I have another patient so I'll catch you later"

"Go save the world wifey"

"You too habieby" she hanged up leaving a smiling Khaleel in his office all alone. Just as he was about to close his laptop a notification came in indicating a new email.

From Hassan Marwan.

He read.

***
So who wants more of doc and mallam Khaleel? Before Mimi will hear me.. I didn't say anything🙊

Another episode huhn?😥 Ya Salam!

Who is Hassan Marwan?

COMMENT PLEASE!

Thank you❤