Chapter twenty-four

Nigeria, Abuja.

Driving through the familiar streets, Khaleel pulled over at Ya Maamah's house that is addressed in the extravagant part of town. He watched as the security man walk over to him and when he asked him to call the owner of the house to confirm his arrival, he sighed rolling his eyes. This is what he gets for not coming home for a long while and well knowing his brother in law, he will go to any means to keep Ya Maamah and the kids safe.

"Hand him the phone" Ya Maamah command when she answered the phone even before he got the chance to tell her about his surprise visit. When the security guard collect the phone, Khaleel could hear her taunting him for not checking the visitors list because his name is there.

"I am sorry Sir!"

"It's fine" he waved him off practically because he is not in the mood to talk. When he parked behind the series out cars, he got down and strolled inside the house were Ya Maamah is waiting for him by the door.

"Hello Ya Maamah" he greet nervously as she glared at him.

"Wait for me in my room"

"Sure" he nod his head removing his shoes and walking up the stairs, to the third floor were her room in by the right. As expected, the room is neatly arranged with the scent of bakhoor filling the air. He laid on the bed exhausted as his conversation with Aamirah played over and over in his head

Few minutes later, Ya Maamah walked in with three women behind her each holding food warmers. He didn't even protest rather he let her pile a plate with food

"How did you know I was visiting you?"

She glared at him pushing her phone towards him, when he stared at the screen. He saw a message from Batool which says,

Dearest sweet Ya Maamah, please go easy on my Habibiey not because you have no right to correct him but because he is going through a lot. Thank you and please make sure he eats! Love you sister. Kisses to my babies!

"So tell me, how can you hurt someone who loves you this much"

"Ya Maamah.."

"Just eat and we will talk about it. As much as I want to torture you about this you need to eat"

Without any complaints or arguments, he ate the mountain of friend rice and jollof rice with corn salad, when he ate half he looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Ya Allah! Your a big grown man with two wives Khaleel. Don't let me force the food down your throat"

"Ya Maamah wallahi I'm full"

"It will be embarrassing if your nephews enter the room and see me feeding you.." she tease shrugging off her shoulders depriving a small smile from him.

"Thank you for the food. It was delicious"

When she pushed the intercom and called for someone, two girls rushed back inside and cleared the plates leaving the sibling alone.

Ya Maamah stretched her legs forward from were she sat on the flush pink fluffy carpet "Okay spill, what's been going on in your life.."

"A lot. I'm sorry Ya Maamah. Sorry for everything and being so distant, your the closest thing I have to a mother and I just.. I hurt you" he sighed softly feeling the heaviness on his chest.

"I'm not mad at you Khaleel. Well, at least not now, I'm over it. You need to learn to communicate with me, I worry about you so much Khaleelu and when I don't hear from you, it breaks my heart"

"I'm sorry. I promise it will never happen again"

"Good cause next time I won't take it lightly with you" she cleared her throat. "So two wives huh? Bravo! His is that going?"