Reunited

The car ride is filled with anxiety and fear but also happiness. Klaus and I are finally going to be reunited with our daughter. Our baby Hope who has been raised by Rebekah all this time will finally get to hear our voices. "What if she doesn't like me?" I ask looking out the window for some sign that we're getting close.

"She will love you, my love." Klaus squeezes my hand.

"For once I agree with Klaus. There is no way she will have nothing but complete love for you."

"She barely knows me. I..."

"Sofia..." Hayley pokes her head through the middle consul from the back seat. "If I had ever gotten the chance to meet my birth parents I would have loved them no matter what. Hope will be happy just to have you there. Both of you."

"What if she comes out high strung and dramatic like Rebekah?" This makes Klaus laugh.

"She will be no such thing."

"The first years of a child's development is very telling of their future. I..."

"My love you are worrying too much. Just think about us holding our daughter and loving her as we have all this time."

"What if all she does is cry when she sees me or when I hold her?"

"Darling, why do you worry so much?"

"Because...a child I used to babysit back home would always cry when I was around. No one else. She hated me and I fear..."

"Our child could never hate you." My heart stops as we pull up to a house and I can clearly see Rebekah standing next to Elijah who is holding the most perfect looking baby. I waste no time as I unbuckle and run to her. I stare my daughter down as Elijah hands her over to me. Tears fall from my eyes as I hear her cooing for the first time in forever. I turn and smile as Klaus comes over to us. I hand Hope over to him and I hug them both as I feel whole having my whole family in my arms. All the fear I had riding over here is washed away as I see that beautiful smile on such a perfect innocent baby girl. Our girl. Our Hope we fought and will continue to fight for. She is the reason we live and breathes every day and I wouldn't change it for the world.

"Hayley come over and hold her." I state but she seems hesitant.

"No...you two..."

"Little wolf come over and hold our littlest wolf." Klaus commands to her with a smile on his face. Hayley comes over and he passes Hope into her arms and I love the way she looks at her. There is nothing but pure love in Hayley's eyes as she cradles Hope in her arms.

__________________________________"She is beautiful

"She is beautiful. She..." Hope reaches up and holds Hayley's finger. "She was worth everything." Klaus goes to speak with his siblings while Hayley and I continue to play with Hope. It feels like I could listen to her laugh and cry for eternity.