Hard Choices

Sorry for the long wait. I have been going back and forth on how I want this book to go. I hope you all like the direction I'm going with. Please enjoy.

"It took you long enough." I gripe at Inadu who is getting dressed.

"I've wanted to speak to you in my true form for a while." I tilt my head looking at her. She seems a little hesitant to come near me.

"What's wrong?" I ask with a smirk on my face. "Afraid of something? Or are you afraid of me?"

"I am afraid of no one." She says back to me with a bit of confidence.

"I do not have much time I have a family to come back to."

"Then why wait for me to come into my true form?"

"I just wanted to give you the proper greeting into the life of the living."

"There is nothing you can give me."

"Power." She stops pacing and looks at me.

"And why would you ever give me any power? You're supposed to be the one who can end me."

"If that is my choosing. And my choice is to use you for other purposes."

"You dare use me?" Inadu raises her hand but I block her chant by speeding to her and holding her in a chokehold.

"Never raise my voice at me. My children have more respect than that."

"Yes, you're precious children. They hold so much power in their little bodies I can only imagine what I could do with them." I tighten my grip on her causing her to wraith in pain.

"Threatening my children will do you no good." Inadu pushes me off her and catches her breath. "I would be very careful about insulting me right now. I could easily drain every bit of magic from your body."

"And why don't you? All of these feeble threats and nothing."

"I have a little deal I would like to offer you. It's just going to cost you a small price."

"And what would that be?"

"Your life."

"You're willing to betray your family for something as small as my life."

"I'm willing to make sure I have all the power in the world." Inadu tilts her head and smiles at me.

"I heard whispers about you. The prophesized witch who struggles between good and evil. And right now you're letting evil take full control."

"I've always been here, Sofia just kept fighting me. We're supposed to be one but she keeps me away in fear of what I'm going to do. So I'm going to show her exactly what real power is."

"You want to make a deal with me?"

"A beneficiary agreement. I'll make sure you stay in this world."

"But there's a catch."

"You'll either let me siphon the magic from you willingly or..." I step closer to her raising my hand causing her to fall to her knees screaming in pain. "Or I have no problem taking it by force. Letting your magic flow through me for eternity."

"And why would I make that deal?"

"Because the Mikaelson's will stop at nothing to rid the world of you if they fear the children will be in danger. Having your magic flowing through me ensures they cannot harm you and the only one strong enough to rid you is me."

"And this is the power you seek?"

"It's the power I will get no matter who gets in my way." I release her letting to regain some strength. "So are you in or will I have to take it from you?" She looks up at me and smirks.