The Ancestors

Sorry for the long wait. I hit a small writers block but now I've figured out what I want to do with the rest of this book. Please enjoy and stay tuned for more.

Hayley comes back from learning more about her parents. In the old storage shed, she found a stuffed bear with an old jawbone inside of it. Nik has tried all types of force to break it but nothing is working. I've tried siphoning magic from it but it's something darker than what I can siphon. I place a salt circle around it keeping it in place and from calling out to The Hollow. "Hope, what are you doing?" I ask concerned seeing my daughter circle around the table with the jaw.

"Mom? Can you hear them too?" I pull her away from the table.

"What's going on?" Klaus comes in with Henry on his shoulders.

"Look at me. Tell me what you heard." I ask Hope.

"Voices. They said that me, you, and Hayley are connected to this." I look to Klaus with worry.

"If this fossil has been whispering lies I'll gladly throw it in the river." He declares but Hope is quick to say no

"Not the bone. The witches. The Ancestors. They have a message for us. A warning."

"Tell us what they said." I hold Hope's hand.

"They want you and Hayley to go to St. Anne's church to talk to them. They said you have to do exactly what they say, and you have to do it now. Before The Hollow comes for us." Hope warns us and I pull my daughter into my arms. Klaus and I share a look of concern.

"It's quiet." Hayley declares as we walk through St. Anne's.

"Of course it's quiet. It's a trap."

"We don't know that." Hayley defends.

"New Orleans witches have hated my family for three centuries. Of course, it's a trap." Nik throws in our face. He's always seeing the worse of things.

"I may not be a part of a coven myself but I do know that they protect their own. Hope's one of them now. She's part of their legacy." I remind him but Klaus turns to look at me.

"Hope is a far cry from a French Quarter fortune-teller. And while we're on the subject, she's seven. If anyone wants to talk to her, they should ask my permission."

"You're going to be a lot of fun when she starts dating." I poke fun at him and Klaus flashes me a smirk.

"I'm gonna be a perfect gentleman. And should any of her suitors fail to meet my expectations, I'll compel them to the priesthood."

"Because priests are so pure." I state to him and shakes his head. "Besides I dated you and I'm telling you right now you're not someone my dad would have picked out for me."

"I'm hurt by this love."

"I mean you killed his sister in law." Hayley reminds him.

"That's all in the past."

"Still happened." Klaus reaches out and holds my hand. We stiffen as we hear the witches come out.

"Oh, look, Harvest Girls."

"Be nice." I remind him and he kisses my head.

"I believe you talk on behalf of your Ancestors."

"Provided that you come in peace."

"Well, that depends on you, doesn't it?"

"We don't want to fight. We're here to offer a deal."

"Although your brother did murder all four of us, let's not pretend we're friends." Another girl approaches us.

"Please consider all pretense of friendship dropped. Where are the Ancestors?"