The Dark Ages and The Afro-Latin Quarter

"What the hell do you mean you don't have a phone??" Gaten questioned.

Declan rolled her eyes for the millionth time.

"I have one" She replied shortly.

"But it's broken?! Or what?!" He asked further.

"I don't take it with me. I only use it to call my agent or Cam" She shrugged.

"You only have two numbers in your phone?" Sadie questioned.

"I don't have any? I've memorized them" Declan frowned.

"What kind of phone is it?" Caleb asked, bewilderment in his tone.

"A flip phone" She replied monotonously.

"DEAD ASS?!" Caleb shrieked.

"No! It's some slide out keyboard blackberry phone" Declan chuckled at him and Caleb put his head into his hands. She enjoyed messing with them a little.

"So you do text people?" Sadie half-asked.

"No" Declan smirked.

"What?" Finn frowned.

"If they're on their phone they can pick it up. And if not or they're busy, they'll call me back" She shrugged. He frowned further.

"But-"

"You guys!" Millie interrupted, "This isn't the point! The point is that Declan grew up in LA without a phone or any technology really..."

"I had a computer" Declan interjected.

"Anyways, she knows how to make the best of these next four days, and she's gonna show us and we're gonna have FUN, OKAY?!" She huffed.

Everyone stood rigid and glanced at each other before nodding and replying.

"Of course!"

"Yes!"

"Totally Millie!"

"Brilliant!"

"Can't wait!"

"Sounds awesome!"

"Thank you" She sighed and then looked to Declan, "What's first?"

"Make sure you have closed toed shoes, swimsuits, and a sweater. I'll get a bag. Be back soon" She commanded emotionlessly and was gone.

The kids quickly scrambled to assemble their stuff. Declan came back moments later with a black Adidas backpack. When she opened it, it already held a lighter, some candles, a flashlight, a small box, spray paint, a rock, a rope, and her sweater. The kids exchanged glances before tossing their shit in too.

"Does someone know where we're going?" Sadie asked.

"I left Cameron a note. Alright, you guys ready?" Declan raised an eyebrow.

"As we'll ever be" Noah chuckled.

"Then allons-y" Declan whispered, threw the door open, smirked, and started running, the other kids pouring out of the trailer after her, laughing and running to the exits.

•::•:::•::•:::•::•:::•::•:::•::•

After walking for about twenty minutes, Declan led them into a neighborhood known for being on the... rougher side.

"Heyyy! Lana!" A handsome young Hispanic boy ran up to Declan.

"Hey Caro" She smiled.

The cast noticed her instant switch at his presence. Suddenly, she was smiling.