Flowers For Miss Atomic Bomb

It was a few hours later that Finn finally fully woke up.

He had been in and out the first hour, making himself check on her to stay more-or-less awake, but he had quickly lost that battle.

But now he was well rested and awake, messing with her hair and lightly brushing her skin, noticing the way the flowers were positioned behind her gave her the look of a some sleeping princess wearing a flower crown.

Finn sighed and started subconsciously humming a tune he wasn't quite aware of. When he tried to think of what song, he finally found it.

"I saw you standing there
Sandy blonde hair, the way it came tumbling down
Just like a waterfall

And if you need a light
I'll be the match to your candle
My darling, I'm ready, to burst into flames for you"

Finn sang softly, pushing a strand of her hair back, letting his fingers brush against her skin delicately.

"I was just coasting till we met
You remind me just how good it can get

Well I've been on fire, dreaming of you
Tell me you don't
It feels like you do
Looking like that, you'll open some wounds

How does it start?
And when does it end?
Only been here for a moment, but I know I want you
But is it too soon?"

Finn thought about how quickly everything had happened, and how unstable it had once felt to be on the rope with Declan. But now it was different. Now there wasn't any rope without her. They were in it together. And that was almost frightening to Finn, the prospect of loosing her felt gut wrenching.

"To know that I'm with you
There's nothing I can do

And sometime around one
We fell asleep to escape from the sun
And we woke up to the sound of a storm outside

We stood at your front door
You looked at me and said "baby, this rain changes everything",
And my heart ran away from me"

Finn thought about the rain at Caleb's house. That night and what it had caused and tried to remember how they had gotten there. His arms around her, her eyes. When was it? When had things changed in a way they could never come back from?

"I was just coasting till we met
You remind me just how good it can get

Well I've been on fire, dreaming of you
Tell me you don't
It feels like you do
Opening up can open some wounds

How does it start?
And when does it end?
Only been here for a moment, but I know I want you
Darling, I do"

It was the night they got drunk, after the park. Everything up until then had been coasting. Just going along, not thinking, which is what had landed him in trouble. Maybe his body knew then, but not his mind. It wasn't until he saw her, from the other side of Natalia and Charlie's trailer, drinking so heavily, yet still taking care of Caleb and Gaten and Noah. He realized that this whole time he knew what he was doing, why he was stumbling and failing so hard around her. Because more than he was curious with her, he was enamored. And he felt sick. Left to get air. To try and straighten out all the revelations that has just been dumped on him by seeing her in the neon disco lights. Only to see her in those violet lights again later, completely transformed, singing and dancing and jumping around with so much vodka in her he didn't know how.

"I'm with you
There's nothing I won't do to see you shine
I'll swing for the fences
I'll run to the line
And it's high time that you love me
'Cause you do it so well