She Doesn't Get Cold

The next morning, Declan was gone.

"She said she was meeting someone. And that she booked an earlier flight to Paris" Sadie said bitterly when Finn joined her and Noah at the breakfast bar in the lobby.

"Why the hate?" Finn huffed.

"You know damn well why" She scoffed.

"Did you guys break up because we found out?" Noah frowned.

"We aren't broken up! We aren't even technically together!" Finn replied frustratedly, running a hand through his hair.

"What did you say?!" Sadie hissed at him when Noah shrugged and went to sit at the table.

"Nothing!" He defended himself.

"Now is not the time. If you don't tell me, I can't help!" Sadie argued.

"I... Fine" He sighed, "She was apologizing about leaving and I told her it was really fine because she wasn't the only one who made stupid mistakes and then she asked what I meant by that and... and I lied. Badly. And she was very aware. But I couldn't tell her Sadie! It was playing in my head and I wanted nothing more than to take it all back" He groaned defeatedly as he followed Sadie to the table with Noah.

"What exactly did you do with Sigma?" Sadie frowned distastefully as she sat down, Finn sitting across from them.

"Who's Sigma?" Noah frowned.

"A girl who Finn was toying with while Declan was gone" Sadie said without remorse.

"Damn Finn" Noah frowned.

"Listen! It wasn't like that!" He whined.

"Then what was it like?" Sadie questioned, one eyebrow raised condescendingly.

"I just... she came to a few gigs, a few parties. We made out a few times. Watched a movie or two. Nothing serious" Finn explained.

"Sounds pretty serious to me. How is that different than what you were doing with Declan? The sneaking-around, unofficial dating?" Noah replied.

"I seriously cannot believe you! After I told you not to!" Sadie replied angrily.

"I was sad and lonely and I thought I would never see her again and I felt betrayed! I was mad! And I wanted to cover up that hurt because I couldn't tell anyone, because no one knew the extent of what we were and what she meant to me, not even you! I didn't have anyone to turn to" Finn sighed exasperatedly.

"Still, shouldn't have made out with her" Noah shrugged.

"I know! Trust me! I know!" Finn groaned.

"You have to tell her" Sadie sighed.

"Why?" Finn mumbled guiltily.

"Because I'm sure she's coming up with worse scenarios in her head, although I'm not sure there are" Sadie spat bitterly.

"Either way, she deserves to know" Noah agreed.

"Sadie, Noah... I can't lose her. I can't. We talked last night. Before I messed it all up. I'm in this way more than I knew. I have been for so long. I can't lose her, it'll wreck me" His eyes looked lost, Sadie almost felt bad.

"Then hope she forgives you" Sadie sighed.

"Or that she doesn't count it against you. You weren't technically dating" Noah shrugged.

Finn huffed and sat back in his chair.

"Who did she say she was meeting?" Finn turned to Sadie.