Dressing Room Drama

Declan was sitting in her dressing room, talking to Jaeden and Wyatt, her outfit hanging up and her make up artist excused. Jaeden and Wyatt had silently agreed not to ask why as they talked to her about other things: video games, authors, the movie, animal running speeds, music (as always with Declan), and we're now discussing Stranger Things and press.

"So you're gonna do press, isn't it like, you're first time?" Jaeden asked.

"In awhile, yeah" Declan nodded as she took a sip of her Redbull.

"You've done press before? Everyone said you never have" Wyatt said in a surprised tone.

"It was newspaper press, when I was young, under a different name. Nothing like this. Equally as unpleasant and invasive though" Declan explained vaguely.

"Well good luck" Wyatt snorted, "It can really be hell sometimes, especially with a... talkative cast" Wyatt hinted.

"Hey, the less I have to talk, the better" Declan chuckled.

"I hate press too" Jaeden noted.

"Didn't do half of the IT press, even though he's the main character!" Wyatt teased, shoving the boy's shoulder.

Jaeden shrugged with a small smile on his face. Declan really did like his demeanor. He was so easy to be around. Her perfect counterpart, just in boy form.

"I did my part of making the movie, why do they need me to talk about it? Dissect it? Dissect me and my answers?" Jaeden asked rhetorically questions.

"Exactly!" Declan agreed, "Performances speak for themselves. The movies, the shows, the music videos, the songs, I don't want to tell you what it means to me, I wanna know what it means and does for other people, that's the point"

"Man, what I would give for a calm press environment where people weren't always talking over each other and asking questions that have nothing to do with your art" Wyatt sighed.

"I'll drink to that" Declan chuckled.

"Me too" Jaeden smirked and they clicked their red bulls.

There was a soft knock on the door and the three stood up cautiously. Declan's heart racing.

"It's Sophia!" A small voice called out.

"Jeez" Declan let herself breath again as she opened the door and closed it behind the redhead.

"Hey Soph" Wyatt smiled.

"Hey, you don't mind if I join you? Chosen and Jack left me with Jeremy and I needed to get out of there" She huffed.

"Not at all" Declan smiled and handed the girl a Redbull. "Sit wherever"

"You're such a doll" Sophia smiled appreciatively.

"I texted Finn and he's on his way. Running incredibly late, as always" Sophia updated as she sat down next to Declan on the couch, opposite Jaeden and Wyatt in their chairs.

"Not surprised" Wyatt chuckled.

"I let him know you're here" Sophia added to Declan.

She choked on her drink.

"Woah! You okay?" Jaeden sprang up.

Declan held a hand out to motion to him to sit, she was fine.

"Yeah!" She coughed, "You told him what again?" She asked Sophia.

"That his date was here" Sophia chuckled.

"Gottcha" She breathed again.

Every second was getting worse.

•::•:::•::•:::•::•:::•::•:::•::•