Sing It For The Boys, Sing It For The Girls

"What about you? What do you want to create? Say?" Finn tried to prompt his own brain by asking Declan.

"I wanna create infinitely" Declan smirked as she took out a bottle of vodka and a jug of juice from the fridge. "And I wanna make art about creation. About how we as people, instinctually, once tested and pushed to our absolute limits, have to turn to one another and be authentic. Be true and genuine and from there we create and we create real things. Not for show. Not for entertainment. For our own humanity and connection"

She poured out a drink and offered it to Finn. He took it hesitantly, marveling at her. She made another for herself.

"Staring is rude you know" She added after a moment, connecting eyes with him.

"How the hell do you already know that?" He asked.

"Drink"

Finn complied and tossed the drink back, immediately making a face.

"Oh damn" He shook his head.

"Impressive, I'll admit, that you took that much at once" Declan laughed at him as she sipped her drink. 

Finn took a little bit more.

"Like when you say that... it's so amazing to think about creating in that way. And I want that too. But I... it's like I don't know how to exist outside this... this...." He spoke aloud, unable to collect his thoughts in words.

"Box. Construct. Idea... I know the feeling" Declan nodded.

"Yeah... I don't know" Finn sighed and took another swig.

On the stereo, the song changed. Tongue Tied by Grouplove came on.

Declan smirked.

"These guys are terrible, but this is a good song" She explained, drained the rest of her drink, and ran over to a light switch.

She flipped it and the lights went from white to purple, illuminating them in magenta and turning their surroundings into a sea of violet.

"Woah" Finn smiled, the alcohol now reaching his bloodstream as he began to feel light and became mesmerized by the lights.

She smirked as she made her way to the middle of the trailer.

Take me to your best friend's house
Roll around this roundabout
Oh yeah!

Declan began moving to the music, spinning and jumping with surprising ability considering her blood alcohol level. Finn chuckled and took his phone out, taking a video of her. She ran and jumped into the couch, singing and jumping around.

"Take me to your best friend's house
I loved you then and I love you now
Oh yeah!"

Finn laughed as he watched the grave, introspective, utterly intimidating girl he knew turn into this conglomeration of questions and movement and sly smiles and adventure and uncertainty. There was so much within her, and he watched with a smile that reached his eyes as she continued to sing.

"Don't take me tongue tied
Don't wave no goodbye
Don't!"

"Dance!" She told him breathlessly as she jumped around him. Finn sipped his drink.