Goodbye

"Holy fuck" Dizzy mumbled as Declan ran past them into Cameron's room and collapsed by his side.

The doctor's slowly backed away.

"Cam" She said softly as she took his hand.

"Hey... you made it" He smiled weakly, "Told you I'd see you on the flip side"

"I'm so sorry" She started to cry, "I love you so much. This is all my fault"

"It's not. It's just how it is" Cam sighed.

"Don't" Declan warned.

"I have to go" He squeezed her hand and they all watched as he closed his eyes--Declan mumbling things and touching his face softly--and resumed his unconscious state.

"Oh my god... is he-"

"No" Declan whipped around, ". . . But he won't be waking up again. . . ever"

The room was silent and still, like someone had flipped the mute button, staring at Declan and the unconscious boy as her words sunk in.

Then suddenly, Finn was ramming into her, squeezing her tightly, feeling the sensation of her body against his again, eyes watering.

And the spell was broken.

"Holy fuck Declan oh my god you're okay" He breathed, tears streaming down his face.

Declan didn't reply, she just closed her eyes and wrapped her arms tightly around him, as if her life depended on it, and she didn't let go.

The whole group approached her and joined the hug. She was home, but at what cost?

++++++++++

"And we are throwing you a huge party the second you get home!" Millie's cheerful voice spoke across the phone.

"Yes please! We were so worried about you" Sadie sighed.

"Declan, we're so glad you're okay" Charlie spoke softly.

"And... we're sorry about Cam-" Jaeden started.

"Mm. We don't need to talk about it" Declan looked away from the screen. Finn smoothed a piece of hair behind her hair, and pressed a kiss to the side of her head to reassure her.

"It's okay, you're okay" He whispered as he felt her heart start racing.

"Sorry, my bad" Jaeden frowned.

"It's okay. Just still touchy" She spoke roughly before clearing her throat, "Besides, I owe you one Mr Green Teddybear" She gave him a small smile.

"Oh geez" He chuckled as Finn frowned at the girl sitting on his lap.

"What?!" Gaten chimed in.

"Ohhhhhh Finn's jealoussssss!" Noah laughed.

Declan rolled her eyes and Finn scoffed.

"Oh let's not do this again!" Jaeden teased.

"Well I remember bits and pieces of what you guys said to me, so I hope you didn't confess any big secrets" She joked, but the FaceTime got quiet.

"Are you kidding me?!" She exclaimed, "Don't tell me you all did?"

"Not alllll of us!" Caleb rolled his eyes.

"You weirdos!" Natalia laughed.

"So when are you coming home?" Jaeden switched the subject.