Chapter 13

Corrie's POV

"I need your help" Gemma says as she walks into my office. I drop my paint brush and nod at her, standing up from the floor. I always sit on the floor, legs crossed with blaring music on my computer. It calms down Abel, as ironic as it might sound.

She picks up Abel from the playground I created for him where he's playing with his various toys spread out on the blue blanket, and kisses his cheek. She puts him back down and he continues playing. Gemma and I both chuckle at the oblivious baby.

"What's up?"

"I need a couple of thousand dollars"

I did not expect to hear that on a Tuesday morning.

"I need a holiday in Europe" I smirk

She rolls her eyes, "Smartass. There's a fundraising for the gardens. Shit's damaged. I know you share my love for nature; you're a pillar in this community. If you help maybe we can salvage what's left of Charming"

I swallow, "I'll bring you a cheque."

Gemma smiles and kisses my head, just then we hear a bike coming closer. I know exactly whose bike it is. Gemma does too.

"You speak to him today?"

"No"

The chime on the door rings, "Morning Jax" I hear Diane's voice followed by Jax greeting her back. He walks into the office with a bouquet of flowers and a hopeful expression on his face.

"Hey baby, can we talk?"

Gemma sighs, "I'll leave you two it" She walks past Jax and slaps him on the back of his head, hard. I try to hide my smirk

"I guess I deserved that" he mumbles.

"Dumbass" She says and picks up Abel. "Your daddy's a dumbass"

She walks out of my office, no doubt lingering in the hallway to eavesdrop.

Why does he have to look so damn sexy?

He's wearing black jeans, a black tight fitting shirt under his cut and a Reaper hat on backwards. God he's sexy as hell. I have to keep my hormones in check otherwise he won't be as punished as I want him to be.

"5 minutes, please babe?"

"Yeah" I whisper. "Make it quick I have work to do"

"Corrie" his eyes fill with tears, I have to look away otherwise I'll cave.

"Why would you cheat on me Jax? What the hell did I do wrong?"

"You didn't do anything! I didn't cheat. It was just a shitty thing for Ima to do but you know how she is. She's a goddamn whore who will do anything for attention. Why would I cheat on you if I asked you to come over?"

It does make sense. I can't really believe Ima over Jax.

"I don't want to lose you Jax" I cry out, unveiling my insecurities. I know he can have anyone he wants. I still don't know how the miracle happened that Jax returned my feelings.

He closes the space between us, "You won't ever lose me. I'm yours, only yours"

"I won't split" I tell him, I know he was worried I would. I know he wouldn't have cheated on me, Jax is a lot of things but he's not stupid. He won't fuck Ima if I'm on my way over there.

He swallows, I see his Adam's apple bop, "Thanks Co"

"Kiss me idiot" I breathe out and Jax smiles brightly, he gently grabs my face and kiss me. His tongue begs to enter my mouth and I grant permission, the kiss is sensual, passionate and goddamn hot as hell.

"I love you so much. I'm so sorry I made you doubt me" he whispers

"I love you too. Sorry I told you I hated you"

"I deserved it" he smiles and kisses my lips again. "Can I come back home? I hate sleeping alone" Jax cringes, "I mean... without you"

I smirk, "I know what you meant and yes, you can come back home. But I'm still breaking every limb in Ima's slutty body."

"Be my guest baby doll."