Chapter 45

Jax might be president now, but he sees himself first as a dad. That is why when Abel asked to go get ice cream and play basketball at the park, Jax cleared his entire schedule.

"Daddy" Abel starts licking his chocolate mint ice cream, "Why is mommy and you not living together?"

Jax stops eating his ice cream sundae and stares at his son, "I uh, I made a mistake that uh, hurt mommy now she needs time which I have to give her."

Abel nods after contemplating his father's words, "I poured milk on the floor, I said sorry and mommy said its okay. Mommy forgives quickly, so just say sorry"

Jax smirks, "When did you get so smart?"

Abel grins clearly proud of himself. Jax kisses his temple, I'm glad you're my son"

"We play ball now daddy?" Abel asks innocently a few minutes after he's finished eating. Jax smiles, "Yeah son, we can."

It's dark out when they finally get to the club house. Corrie's still in the office with Gemma.

"Mama!" Abel squeals and hugs his mother. He gets attacked with kisses from her. "You had a good day with daddy?" Corrie asks, eyeing Jax when he timidly walks into the office. "We had ice cweam and played ball!" Abel says, his blue eyes so big and full of life. Corrie smiles and kisses his cheek as Gemma stands up, "Abel, let's go get some dinner in you before you become a hyper monkey"

"I not a hyper mongie gramma" Abel rolls his eyes

"Smartass" Gemma puts him on her hip and leaves the office. Jax closes the office door and sits down on the couch staring at Corrie as she continues writing something.

"Can you look at me for a second?" he asks softly, when she doesn't make the effort to, he walks up to her and closes the book, he crouches down "I know you're just doodling to ignore me"

"I'm not doodling" Corrie mumbles causing him to smirk

"Abel told me to just say sorry, so I'm gonna do that again. I'm sorry for everything I did. I'm sorry I hurt you; I'm sorry I made you doubt me. I'm sorry I lost your trust in me."

Corrie looks deep into his eyes seeing only sincerity. The tears he's trying so hard to keep at bay reddens his eyes. Her heart melts at the broken man in front of her, is she weak for forgiving him?

Yes, she is. Everyone will say she's going back to an abusive man.

Screw what everyone thinks. Nobody even knows what happened except for Tig; Gemma and the whores at Diosa. Even if everybody knew, it's none of their business anyway.

"I love you babe. You know I love you. You know me better than I even know myself. Corrie, you're the only girl that I have ever loved and that I have ever respected, if Opie was here right now he'd kick my ass for hurting you. I'm tempted to go to my worst enemy and just let him beat me until I can no longer walk. I'm sorry for everything I did; I can't live without you. Please, please forgive me."

Corrie sniffs and stares at her ring while Jax holds his breath, he swallows loudly – the only sound echoing in the quiet room.

"I promised myself when I was younger that if I finally got you I won't try to change you, I'd never try to get you out of this life. I'd love you for who you are. But I also promised myself I won't stay if I find myself becoming Mary or Gemma. I won't stay with a man that cheats on me or treat me anything less I deserve."

Corrie makes up her mind, she pulls off her ring. Jax freezes; the nausea building up in his throat. She puts her ring in his shaking palm.

She cries softly as she listens to Jax's shaky breathing. He's trying to keep his emotions in check but it's becoming more difficult. He's losing her, she's leaving him. He fucked up and now he's paying the price.

"No, no, no, no" he keeps on whispering as he feels his heart break in tiny pieces. Life as he knows it is shattering right in front of him. His world is leaving him.