Chapter 43

Jax had to beg Lyla for Corrie's whereabouts

Jax had to beg Lyla for Corrie's whereabouts. She was extremely reluctant to give it to him. Lord knows when those two became friends but its pissing him off that they are.

Chibs walks up to Jax as he gets on his bike. "Where you going?" The Scot asks when Jax finished putting on his helmet.

"Corrie's at the cabin, I need to talk to her before tonight"

Chibs nods his head, ""Tonight at 8. Arranged it with Hap"

"Thanks man. Can you handle this shit until I get back?"

The Sergeant At Arms nods his head, "Go, go. Send my wishes to the lass."

**

Corrie has just finished putting Abel to bed. Soft music is playing on the CD player while the pot is brewing coffee.

If I had my way

I'd spend every day right by your side

And if I could stop time

Believe me I'd try for you and I

And each moment you're gone

Is a moment too long in my life

So stay right here, right now

Corrie stares at the photo on the wall; the one of her; Opie and Piney. This is supposed to be the happiest time of her life. She's supposed to get married to the love of her life while her best friend arranges a killer bachelorettes; her brother has to be Jax's best man and her dad has to give her away. Her life should be so fucking perfect; yet as she's standing here in the cabin where her dad died; she's all alone. Her world is shattered and all she wants is the man who hurt her.

Cause without you I'm a disaster

And you're my ever after

Cause I need to know your answer

I want you to say you're gonna stay with me'

I die every day that you're away from me