Chapter 92 :-)

"You want coffee or something?" Jax asks Corrie when they get home.

The emotions are running high for the Tellers. "No. Come sit down with me Jax, please."

He shakes his head, "I-I can't. I uh, I have to- I-"

Corrie stands up and wraps her arms around him. His teary eyes stare back at her, "what if you have cancer Cor? I can protect you from anything but not from this."

"It won't be cancer"

"How can you be so sure?" He yells startling her immensely. "How the fuck can you be so sure that I'm not going to lose you to cancer?"

"Because we're meant to grow old together. You and me, Abel and our baby. We'll be fine."Jax sniffs, "I think we should make another appointment with the doctor, hear what's going on and how to handle this shit."

"Yeah, I agree. I'll make an appointment."Jax nods, "I'm going to the club house for a bit"

"You're leaving?" Corrie asks warily.

 "I just need to clear my head. I'll see you later"

Corrie shakes her head in disbelief, "please don't go. Stay with me, let's figure this out."

"Not now" He bellows.

He grabs his bike's keys and drive off to the club house leaving his wife all alone in their house.

**

Jax storms into the club house, furious and dejected.He ignores everyone in the ice cream shop and sits down at the counter.

 "Tequila, leave the bottle" he orders the prospect.

Chibs sits down next to Jax, "you okay brotha?"

The president nods wordlessly as he takes another gulp from the bottle.

"You sure you should be drinking so much? Where's Corrie?"

"At home"

"What's going on Jackie?"

"Nothing"The two sit in silence as Jax drinks the bottle dry. When he tries to grab the fresh one Chibs takes it out of his reach.

The wasted blonde president tries to fight Chibs but stumbles around and falls.

"Let's get you home Jackie. You've had enough"

"I don't want to go home" He slurs, his eyes bloodshot as he grips the wall. "My wife has cancer, she's going to miscarry again. I made enemies with the most dangerous men there are. I'm such a fucking failure man."

"Let's get you home Jackie. Come on, let's get you home"Chibs orders the prospect to help him get Jax home.

 The VP knocks on the door and in a matter of seconds a tired Corrie opens the door."Hey sweetheart. Brought home the hubby"

"He's wasted" She notes, dread filling her veins.

"He drank at the club house, didn't do anything..." he trails off suggesting that Jax could have cheated in the state he's in.

"Thanks for taking care of him"Chibs helps her load Jax in and they drop him face first on the couch.

 He hugs Corrie tightly, "I'm sorry"With tears in her eyes she nods, "Thanks Chibbies"

He winks at her, kisses her on the cheek and leaves the house.

 Corrie sits down next to a passed out Jax. The floodgates open and soon she's crying. "We'll get through this. We'll be fine."

**

The next morning, Corrie calls for an appointment with the doctor. She wakes Jax up a bit more hostile than other days.

He groans loudly. His blue eyes trying to adjust to the light, he sits up and complains about his headache.

"We have an appointment at 11." Corrie informs him, the hostility is evident in her voice.

Jax knows she's pissed because usually when he's out drinking she leaves Advil and water next to him, not this morning though.

He swallows, "Alright, where's the painkillers?"

"Kitchen" she snaps.

 She walks back into the bedroom to shower.

Jax sighs loudly, "great job Jax. Fuck" he mumbles under his breath.The president staggers to the kitchen, his head and back killing him.

He downs the Advil with a glass of tap water before making his way to the bedroom.

"I'm sorry I got drunk last night" He tells his wife softly looking at her through hooded eyes.

 She stays quiet, avoiding him completely as she finishes putting her shoes on.

"Shower, get dressed so we can go."

"Corrie" he gets on his knees in front of her. "I'm sorry I got drunk"

Corrie's red brimmed eyes meet his, "you left Jax. I needed my husband's support and you just left."

"I know" he whispers brokenly, "I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. We need each other now more than ever. If this is cancer, we will need to be strong. I'm sorry I wasn't strong last night."

Corrie continues sobbing, "We'll get through this. I don't know how, but we will. We need to get to the appointment."

"Do you forgive me?" he asks unsure

"Yeah, I just... I'm tired Jax. I'm so tired of all the heartbreak"He hugs her tightly,

"I know. Me too"