Chapter 71

It's been a week since their wedding disaster, while they're still staying in the same house; the couple has hardly spoken to each other at all. Jax is pissed at Corrie for being pissed at him – and Corrie is pissed at him for being so reckless. She's scared if the DA finds out whose guns they are, the guys would get send to prison again and she'd lose him. She's terrified to lose him.

She also can't believe that he killed a woman – a mom.

A mom that has just lost her son because of the club's reckless mistake

Corrie hands Abel a bowl of spaghetti for dinner and kisses his hair. The little boy thanks his mom.

"You want to go sit in front of the TV baby? Watch Peppa Pig?"

"Thanks mommy" He grins and walks to the TV with his bowl of spaghetti.

Corrie sighs as soon as he's gone and takes a sip of her tea. She hears the front door open revealing Jax.

He shrugs his cut off and sits down next to her. "Hey"

"Hey" She whispers, "There's spaghetti on the stove if you're hungry"

"Will you eat with me?"

She smiles slightly, "Yeah, I'd love a bowl"

He nods and stands up to prepare two bowls of spaghetti. He hands her one and sits down next to her. "This is delicious Cor"

"Thanks"

Jax sighs shakily. He hates being this disconnected to her. She telling him she's disappointed in him breaks his heart.
"I hate this babe." He says, "I hate it that I can't speak to you. I know it's my fault that we're like this, just tell me what I have to do to get you back"

Corrie sighs as a tear fall down her face, "I don't think we can"

Jax feels his heart shatter, he suddenly doesn't have an appetite. "I didn't make that decision to kill her to hurt you. I'm not going to hurt another woman, I promise you that"

"It's not even about that anymore Jax. That kid could have been in Abel's school and our boy could have been hurt or killed. The DA is sniffing around that shooting and if they find out it was your guns, you could go to jail and I could lose you again"

He frowns, "I'm not going anywhere Corrie"

"I love you" She whispers, "But I can't get over this. I meant it when I said that I'm worried about you. You haven't been the same Jax since Opie died and you need to work on it babe. You can't do that with me"

"Of course I can do it with you. I can't do life without you Corrie, I don't want to"

She frowns, "Work it out, before it kills you.You're the best person I know, I'd hate for life to change you" She stands upand kisses his forehead, letting her lips linger. Jax blinks back tears, hestares at his wedding band. He hasn't even been able to hold his wife.