Chapter 27: Tae, Tytan, Mond, Tee

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

This is a continuation of chapters 10 and 14

Tae's POV

After the nurse attended to Singto's injury, I asked Singto if he wanted to go anywhere else and he said he was alright, he wanted to rest for a bit in his cabin.

We parted ways and I thought maybe it would be good to ask Tytan if he wanted to join me for a dip in the pool.

I found him still at the Breakfast Room drinking the last few few drops of his black coffee.

"Hey, you wanna join me for a dip in the pool?" I asked him.

He did not answer right away.

"Where is Singto, how is he doing?" was his reply instead.

"He went to his cabin after the nurse treated him," I said, "so you wanna join me for a dip in the pool?"

Why was I so insistent on having his company? What was it about this guy? Was it his quiet kind of indifference to me?

I could tell that he really didn't care for my company when I had asked him earlier if I could join him at his table.

"Okay," he finally said after much deliberation.

I did not realize that I was holding my breath for his answer.

"Give me some time to go back to my cabin and get into my swimming trunks," he said.

"Sure," I replied, "I'm gonna do the same."

"The same??? Your swimming trunks are not in my cabin!" he raised his eyebrows at me.

What the hell. And then I realized that he had been trolling me.

We laughed together at the silliness of it.

And then again, the thought of getting naked in his cabin to change into my swimming trunks made my thoughts run wild.

Get a grip, Tae, I told myself.

"I'll meet you at the pool in half an hour," I said.

"Very well," he replied, setting his coffee cup down and standing to leave his table.

When I got to the pool he was already there swimming from one end of the pool to the other.

I quickly dove into the water and made my way to him.

I grabbed him by the waist and instantly felt him struggling.

"What the fuck, Tae!" he got upset with me.

I laughed and made a move to grab him again.

Just at that moment we heard some commotion on one side of the pool.

Voices were raised and a fist fight in the water started between two guys.

Two other guys joined in.

In an instant, all hell broke loose.

Other passengers who were just lazing by the pool sipping their drinks jumped into the water and joined in the melee.

Before I knew it, Tytan got separated from me in the wild scuffle as more bodies entered the pool.

Suddenly everyone heard a loud whistle from above the pool.

The security officer had been called in and he had a a bright red megaphone in one hand. His other hand was resting lightly on a baton that was hanging from his hip.

"I advise everyone to cease and desist from making further unruly actions and to disperse quietly! I am giving everyone ten full seconds to do so before I use any equipment... TEN, NINE, EIGHT..."

I did not wait for him to finish counting, I scrambled out of the pool. I went to get my towel which I had dropped by the edge of the pool and then started looking around for Tytan.

Where the hell was he.

He might have gone ahead of me. He might have thought that it was the best way to get rid of my company. I could tell that he didn't really care much for my company.

I decided to go searching for him in the foyer.

"Watch where you're going!" Someone yelled at me.

In my rush I bumped hard into someone carrying a red metal box with a handle.

The red metal box was labeled "EMERGENCY KIT"

I looked at the guy carrying it.

Shit, he was a nurse. The gold plated badge that was pinned to his breast said, "Tee Jaruji RN".

 The gold plated badge that was pinned to his breast said, "Tee Jaruji RN"

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Some passenger must have gotten injured and needed his attention.

"I'm sorry," I muttered before moving away.

He looked at me. Our eyes met.

"It's okay," he said with a smile.

The smile. It was the smile that hit me in my solar plexus.

"I know you're in a hurry," I said, extending my hand to him, "but I just wanted to let you know that my name is Tae and that I hope to meet you again some time."

He raised his eyebrows.

"The only way you will meet me will be at the infirmary," he said.

"If I have to inflict injury on myself just to have an excuse to go there, that's fine with me," I said.

We both laughed and he waved me away as he made his way quickly to the pool to attend to whoever got injured during the commotion.

I looked around the foyer and still couldn't find Tytan there. There were so many people who had gathered in the foyer. Most of them were part of the crowd in the pool who must have decided that it was best to go back to their individual cabins.

I searched carefully one last time and when I couldn't find Tytan I decided to go back to my cabin to rinse off the chlorine water of the pool.

Shit, I felt some pain starting to creep up my left leg.

It was always my left leg. My left leg always tended to suffer from cramps every time I swim, whether in a pool or in the sea.

I ended up on the floor clutching my leg.

Someone yelled, "Call the nurse!"

In a few moments, Tee Jaruji RN was back with me.

Jackpot! Never was I so thankful to my left leg for having cramps in my whole life.

I noticed him looking at my bare chest. I did not stop him when he started to feel around it.

"It's his leg," an onlooker remarked.

"Oh shit" I heard Tee mutter under his breath, his cheeks turning a bright red.