Chapter 44: Kimmon, Copter, Max

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

This is a continuation of chapter 34

Kimmon's POV

When three o'clock came and there was no sign of Copter, I walked over to the foyer and pressed the service button for an elevator.

With a sinking heart, I waited for the elevator doors to open, with the plan to go back to my cabin and soak my pillow with my tears.

Soon the elevator doors opened.

My heart rose to my throat.

"Copter!"

I had given up on him showing up and now here he was at the very last second.

He did not respond to his name. Instead, without a word he came up to me and hugged me tight.

Wait... there was something I noticed about him.

I pulled away from his embrace and looked carefully at his eyes. They were red and puffy.

Copter's POV

After lunch, I decided to help my digestion by taking a stroll in the open deck.

I took out my phone and earpiece with the intention of listening to my favorite playlist while I was strolling up and down the open deck.

I was only halfway through a second song when I felt someone hugging me tight from behind.

I turned around.

"Max!"

Not only was he hugging me tight, but he was also nuzzling his face against the side of my neck.

"What do you say we start over, Cop?" he whispered into my ear.

I pulled away from his embrace.

"I'm very, very sorry, Max," I said in my most sincere tones, because I truly meant it, "I can only see you as a friend. Maybe at the beginning of our acquaintance I got attracted to you..."

He did not let me finish my sentence.

"Then let's do something about that attraction," he said, easily lifting me and hoisting me atop his shoulder like a bag of potatoes.

"Stop it!" I cried, squirming about as much as I could, "put me down, Max!"

He did not listen to me.

He ignored the curious stares of the other passengers as he made his way to the foyer and pressed the service button for elevator service.

"You can't do this to me, Max!" I cried out, "you cannot take me by force!"

The elevator door opened and he went inside, with me still squirming on his shoulder.

The moment the elevator door closed on us, he pressed on a number on the number pad and then he put me down and started to kiss me.

He grabbed my neck tight and forced my lips open with his own lips and pushed his tongue inside my mouth.

The face of Kimmon appeared in my brain as I closed my eyes and suffered the onslaught of Max's lips on mine.

I pushed him away as hard as I could.

When he didn't let go, I kicked him on his shin.

That made him let go of me, but only temporarily.

Before he could touch me again, I pushed my index fingers into his eyes.

He cried out in pain.

At that exact moment, the elevator door opened and I ran out blindly into a corridor.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I stopped midway to catch my breath and looked back to make sure that he had not followed me.

I looked at my wrist watch. It was close to three o'clock, the time that Kimmon had asked me to meet up with him.

I walked to the end of the corridor and found myself in another foyer. On the other side of the foyer I could see through the large glass windows another open deck.

I walked towards it and opened the door leading to it.

Thankfully the open deck was deserted.

I walked over to a bench by the wall and sat down and suddenly the tears that I had been holding back came like a surging tide.

I just let it flow and flow and since there was no one around I allowed myself to sob, my whole upper body shaking in misery.

I didn't mean for Max to fall in love with me.

I had not even tried in any way to seduce him. I just enjoyed his company because he made me laugh in many ways because he had a goofy character.

"I'm sorry, Max, I'm so sorry," I whispered between sobs over and over again.

Then suddenly I remembered that I had a movie date with Kimmon.

Yes, Kimmon. Kimmon was the one who was in my thoughts every waking hour from the moment I met him at the pool.

I looked at my watch. Oh shit, it was exactly three o'clock.

I hurried to the foyer and pressed the elevator service button, hoping against hope that when I got to the theater lobby he would still be there waiting for me.

When the elevator door opened, I quickly rushed in and pressed for the deck number where the theater was located.

I wiped my eyes hoping that Kimmon would not see any traces of my earlier tears.

The elevator door finally opened and Kimmon almost walked in. He did not notice right away that it was me trying to walk out of the elevator.

"Copter!" he cried, his eyes looking at me in disbelief.

I did not respond to my name. Instead, I rushed over to him and hugged him tight, just grateful that he had waited for me.

Then I felt him pulling away and studying my face.

Oh shit, he had noticed my red and puffy eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concern written all over his face.

"I'll tell you all about it later," I said, "let's hurry inside the movie house. The other moviegoers are already going in."

Kimmon quickly ran to the ticket booth and bought our tickets and went back to me.

"Would you like some popcorn and drinks?" he asked.

I shook my head. I knew that my stomach would not be able to hold down anything at this time. I had just gone through an emotional mess earlier.

I did not take in much of the movie story. I was guessing that Kimmon did not take in much either. He had just held my hand throughout the movie, rhythmically and gently rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb.

As soon as the movie ended, he whispered to me, "Let's go."

We were the only ones who stood up to leave the movie house. The others were still seated, reading the ending credits and listening to the accompanying music.

"Where do you want to go from here?" Kimmon asked me when we reached the lobby.

"To your cabin?" I asked, my heart thudding loudly against my chest. I hoped that he could not hear it.

He studied me for a few seconds, not saying a word.

I waited for his reaction, my face burning as I felt the blood shooting up from my neck and into my face. Was he going to reject me?

He placed his mouth close to my ear.

"Don't chicken out on me," he whispered, before grabbing my wrist and leading me to the foyer where he pressed for elevator service.

I felt my circulation starting to get cut off by how tight he was holding my wrist. He might as well have placed a tourniquet around it.

When we got to the door of his cabin, he turned to me and said, "I will make sure that you will not regret this."