Chapter 84: Life on the Island 1

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

To every single survivor on the cruise ship, what happened next was something they would want to forget but would relive in their memory over and over whether they wanted to or not.

The passengers frantically made their way to the open deck of Deck Six, as per instructions of the ship's captain through the cruise intercom.

Everyone was trying to get hold of a life vest, a flotation suit, or an inflatable life raft.

In the end those who could no longer wait to sink with the ship just jumped for their lives with the hope that they could swim to dry land and survive.

Because the sea water rushed in so fast, everyone got separated from everyone else and everything turned into a survival of the fittest kind of situation.

The ship's captain had announced on the ship's intercom for everyone to gather on the open deck of the sixth floor. The captain was barking orders to all the cruise staff who had been trained for disasters like this.

Passengers were being handed life vests and flotation suits while the rest of the crew were preparing the inflatable life rafts that could carry a total of six passengers each.

Each raft would be lowered to the treacherous waters using a mechanical lift and from there, the passengers could only hope that they would be able to get to dry land safely.

The ship was sinking fast as the ship's captain and another staff were trying to make sure from the list they were holding, that every single passenger was accounted for.

There were three more inflatable life rafts left for the captain, the assistant captain and their two remaining staff.

The two remaining staff had gathered blankets and non-perishable food stuff and medicine kits and had placed them into several water proof containers.

The captain instructed one of the two remaining staff to place as many of the water proof containers as could fit in one life raft and made the assistant captain go with him, after which the captain personally lowered the life raft with the mechanical lift, into the turbulent waters.

Then the captain, with the help of the last remaining staff, loaded the life raft with as many water proof containers as they could fit into it and he and the remaining staff lowered themselves on to the water.

The captain was teary eyed as he watched his ship slowly sink into the dark and turbulent waters.

By the time everyone got to the island they were all so exhausted that they just collapsed on the sand and did not move for a very long time, helplessly allowing the rain to drench them.

The strong rain had dwindled to a steady but lighter downpour by daybreak, as the skies started to brighten a little bit, when a few of the survivors stirred and slowly sat up.

The captain and the rest of his crew had already started to gather all the water proof containers which contained the blankets, non-perishable goods and medicine kits and other necessary items, under a huge leafy tree with wide branches.

With the continuous rain, there was no way that anyone would get dry soon, but the first concern of the captain was that everyone could at least have something to eat.